Peugeot Boxer X250 Service Cost

AndyB

You don't need to take it to a dealer to get the service book stamped, an independant garage might be cheaper and easier to organise. I'm not sure where you live but try A&M Motors in Burtonwood, see their web site. They did my FIAT and it was between 200 and 250, from memory.

Guest pelmetman

I dont use main dealers anymore, in my experiance rip off merchants >:-(

Track down a proper garage with mechanics not gloirfied part changers 8-)

I've yet to pay over £200 for a full service :-D

Hi, I got stung 400 for base vehicle 2year old including brake fluid change plus a further 99 for habitation check

Vehicle had only done 10000 miles, but had to be done to preserve warranty (so they said)

( Car has just had service and mot and that was another 220 , so can I borrow anyone's spare bank card ?)

tonyg3nwl

pelmetman - 2010-11-10 7:58 PM

I dont use main dealers anymore, in my experiance rip off merchants >:-(

Track down a proper garage with mechanics not gloirfied part changers 8-)

I've yet to pay over £200 for a full service :-D

I agree! ..........Main dealers are a 'rip off' IMO

I won't pay £300 upwards for what is basically a bl**dy oil change !!

I have a local garage that perform those tasks at a fraction of the price.

My only criticism is that they don't have 'dolly birds' trolling around or a 'free' coffee machine and a tele to watch !! :D

Thanks for the replies.

Have just seen a web site call Black Circles that offers very competitive servicing at independent garages.

I'm fully aware that different dealers charge different rates, which is why I posed this question.

Cheers again

Andy

Of course main dealers are a rip off, unfortunately they are the people you are going to have to visit during your third years warranty if you have a problem, your vans service record won`t appear on Peugeots database. So you`ve saved £100 on a £45000 vehicle, does`nt really add up until the van is out of warranty.

dwaviation - 2010-11-12 10:38 AM

Make sure your independent can reset the service indicator as the OBD plug is proprietary to Fiat *-)

I don't know if it is the same on the X250 but on my previous model Fiat the service indicator is reset using one of the buttons near the speedo and rev counter. Much to my surprise I found the hand book actually tells you how to do this and I now do it myself every time it comes back from a service at a local garage. It will be worth while looking carefully through your hand book to see if they still use the same system.

Make of this what you will, but I recently read on here, or in MMM, of a case where a fault had developed outside the warranty period.  An application for a contribution to the cost of repairs was made to the manufacturer, on the basis that, having regard to the vehicle's low mileage at the time of failure (common with motorhomes), the failure was clearly premature, and indicative of a manufacturing defect, even though it had arisen outside the warranty period.

The application was reportedly rejected on the ground that the vehicle had not been serviced at a (manufacturer) approved service centre.  Whether it would have been rejected on different grounds had the vehicle been so serviced is obviously an open question, but the choice of independent servicing vis a vis approved servicing certainly resulted in a refusal even to consider an ex gratia payment in that case.

Food for thought?  In the end, yer pays yer money etc!  :-)

Some years ago, I read an article that listed a number of recommended garages for servicing motorhomes. In the list was BT (yes, the telephone company). Apparently BT Fleet has diversified from just maintaining its own vehicles to many other companies’ vehicles from cars to light vans and HGVs, they also service and repair private vehicles. All work is covered by a 12 month or 12,000 mile warranty and they have a network of over 500 garages.

For the past 4 years I have had my car and motorhome serviced and MOT’d by BT. The service cost less than halve of the dealer network garage and did not invalidate the warranty as they are VAT registered.

http://www.btfleet.com/service/service-maintenance-repair.aspx

I cannot recommend them highly enough and, no, I do not work for BT.

Colin Leake - 2010-11-12 7:07 PM

Make sure your independent can reset the service indicator as the OBD plug is proprietary to Fiat *-)

I don't know if it is the same on the X250 but on my previous model Fiat the service indicator is reset using one of the buttons near the speedo and rev counter. Much to my surprise I found the hand book actually tells you how to do this and I now do it myself every time it comes back from a service at a local garage. It will be worth while looking carefully through your hand book to see if they still use the same system.

It is not possible to reset the service indicator on any X250 without plugging in a suitable diagnostic unit. We use a Technotest Reflex unit which I believe is the only device other than Fiat's Examiner that can do it.

However... we did not have this device in 2007 when we first got X250's and after a while we found that the service light went out on it's own. Must have gotten fed up with being ignored.

Nick

That is incorrect.

No OBD is 'proprietary' to any manufacturer.

The information that you are able to access freely from ALL OBD2 sockets is that which concerns emissions control. Although a great many devices can access fault code data and other parameters, sometimes the codes read are not generic codes and will only be understood by the manufacturer of the vehicle. This is not underhand; just annoying. The specifications for OBD2 were intended to allow law enforcement and MOT test officials to interrogate the vehicle. The manufacturers had to adopt it, but many have protected the data available to protect thier interests and to a lesser extent, protect the 'have a go' type from misinterpreting multiple fault codes as multiple faulty parts! This happens a lot.

Nick

I just had the first (2 year) service at the local Peugeot dealer here in Nelson £199. He even said they will MOT it next year for £35. I took it to the Peugeot dealer as I have had a few jobs done on the waranty and they have always been very helpfull. Also I will feel better if I need to go back in the next 12 months.

Sooty

• 5 years later...

Van due for first service (24 months) this month. 14,000 miles.

Put my reg in on the Peugeot website and it quoted for two local dealers.

First dealer

£229.61

Recommended Items:

Renew Brake Fluid

£63.54

Renew Pollen Filter

£78.43

Renew Air Filter

£45.25

Renew Diesel Fuel Filter

£73.18

Total £490.01

Second dealer

£205.14

Recommended Items:

Renew Brake Fluid

£62.64

Renew Pollen Filter

£77.71

Renew Air Filter

£45.07

Renew Diesel Fuel Filter

£72.64

Total £463.20

Question. Do I need to have all those recommended items done to validate the warranty?

Archived