Trauma water heater

boxer1

My nephew has an Autotrail Scout 2005. During the summer they were unable to use the shower as the water was too hot. I have been advised that there is a control switch on the actual emerson and it could be at full temp. I have looked for this switch but cannot find it. Does it have one.

Also to let the water from the vehicle for the winter is it a mater of opening the fresh tap outside, taps inside and emerson tap and switch on the pump. Does this clear all the water from the system or does he have to use an airline.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Boxer 1

The Caravan Club has produced a leaflet on how to prepare your motorhome/caravan for winter. This leaflet includes detailed advice on the water system.

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/1022814/wrap-up-for-winter-mo.pdf

Once I have followed the advice in this leaflet I also drive the motorhome for a few miles to ensure that all the water has drained away.

My nephew has an Autotrail Scout 2005. During the summer they were unable to use the shower as the water was too hot. I have been advised that there is a control switch on the actual emerson and it could be at full temp. I have looked for this switch but cannot find it. Does it have one.

It depends whether they are running the water heater on gas or electric. If on gas then the thermostat is located around the on off switch for the gas operation. On our 2004 it is the left hand half of the Truma control panel above the door. This controls the temp from 30ºC to 70ºC.

When run on mains there is no thermostat but the temp should be limited to 70º so without mixing in cold this may be too hot for showering. If it is hotter than 70ºC then there may be a fault with the unit and will require a dealer to rectify.

Also to let the water from the vehicle for the winter is it a mater of opening the fresh tap outside, taps inside and immersion tap and switch on the pump. Does this clear all the water from the system or does he have to use an airline.

Any help or advice would be appreciated

Boxer 1

He will also need to open the drain tap alongside the Truma water heater. It is probably a yellow lever on a tap on the inlet pipe to the heater mounted on the floor. After lifting the lever to a vertical position open the hot taps to allow the heater to drain.

If you need any more info pm me as I have all the operating manuals for our AT at hand or you can download the AT handbook from the AT website.

HTH,

Keith.

Guest Tracker
Does the shower not have a mixer tap with which the hot can be diluted with cold? This also makes a hot tank full last a lot longer that it would if it were less hot.

Sorry for not getting back earlier having problems with my computer.

Scrambles I have read the Caraven Club advice and I would appear to have drained the van correctly.

Keithl I am aware of the the controls above the door but I was told there were other Controls at the heater?

Tracker Personelly I think there is a problem with the shower mixer unit. They did take it to a repair shop but they could find nothing wrong with it?

Again I have been told that the taps are only supplied by Autotrail and they have been giving trouble, unable to be repaired have to replace with new. Has anyone else had this problem.

Thanks for your help.

Boxer1

Also rememebr to ensure that your Cassette toilet waste holding tank is empty. Even when flushed out there is always a bit of watter jiggling around, take out the holding tank and let any excess water drain out. Before placing back in ensure that you use some sort of lubrication on the rubber seal (Thetford do a spray).

Big Momma - 2010-11-21 4:03 PM

Also rememebr to ensure that your Cassette toilet waste holding tank is empty. Even when flushed out there is always a bit of watter jiggling around, take out the holding tank and let any excess water drain out. Before placing back in ensure that you use some sort of lubrication on the rubber seal (Thetford do a spray).

Afterthought: If your vehicle has a separate holding tank for the toilet flush, ensure this has been drained also as the 'pink' aqua flush is not a anti-freeze solution.

A small amount of water in a tank is not a problem, as it has plenty of space to expand if it freezes. All pipework must be empty as it will split as it freezes, leave all taps openas well.

Hi Boxer....i have a Dakota and had same problem last year.

The thermostat in the shower mixer had stuck and water was too hot.

Needed a new unit.....purchased from Caravan components in Hull.

Have a look on their site,recommended by Autotrail helpful staff and much cheaper ,easy to change yourself !

Phil

Archived