After market radios for X2/50 retaining steering wheel remote controls

Dave Newell

broc - 2011-07-22 9:27 PM

I have a 2011 Boxer based motorhome & have replaced the radio with a JVC KW-AVX640 double din radio head unit. I am trying to get the steering wheel remote buttons to work & have purchased Autoleads PC99-X29 and PC99-JVC but have been unable to get the buttons working. I have followed the instructions supplied with the unit to the letter without success.

You definitely have the right leads, I'm told that Autoleads are aware of the problem with this batch of leads, and are happy to replace them. If your supplier won't change them, go straight to Autoleads, who will... good luck :-D xrr

Hi

I have a 2010 boxer and have fitted a JVC KW-NT3 and have used autoleads PC99-X29 and PC99JVC. I had to add feed for the lights so screen would dim when lights switched on, this is in the main vehicle plug but not on the adaptor lead (not a problem) I have wired though a switch so i can use with out the ignition on. The steering wheel controls work EXCEPT for mute having said that I have yet to find mute on the head unit !

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I finally gave up on the Autoleads products on my 2011 Boxer & bought Incartec product 29-666 & 29-004SW (JVC single wire) which worked perfectly, including the display dimming when the lights are on.

The Mute button attenuates the volume control on the JVC KW-AVX640 head unit, volume up & down works as expected, the seek buttons will either seek or select the next radio preset depending upon how long you press it.

Incartec were very helpful, I phoned them & ordered the parts which were delivered the next day.

Archived