In-car radio/cd players with steering controls?

pepe63xnotuse

As I didn't want to derail an existing thread,I thought that I'd better start a fresh one...

Right..does anyone know if there are any aftermarket in-car radio/cd players about that have provision for remote operation(..maybe by a stalk mounted behind the steering wheel)?

I've had a quick google but I couldn't find anything(..but that doesn't mean it isn't there though.. *-) )

Our Reanult Master has a Kenwood unit fitted and after our previous Peugeot,which hand steering wheel controls,it is a real pain in the a**e to operate! ..you only have to nudge the volume knob wrong and you've ended up altering the balance/fade and mess up all the bass/treble settings

(..do they still call it bass and treble nowadays?! :$ )

Thanks

Chris

A number of manufacturers support a hand-held remote, but I suspect this isn't what you want.

In the (somewhat distant) past I had a Pioneer unit which worked from a remote that attached to the steering wheel. (It was much better in practice than it sounds! It has a shaped mount to attach to the inside profile of the steering wheel, and the control itself is detachable)

Research indicates that they still do this type of unit (Search on CD-SR100 or CD-SR110).

You would then have to research the compatible Pioneer radios, but, I think I would probably go for the SR-110 (as it is bluetooth, whereas I suspect the other is infra-red as my old one was - and it sometimes didn't work well due to the angle between it and the radio as the steering wheel was turned). The SR-110 appears to be compatible with all Pioneer bluetooth CD-tuners.

HTH

Chris,

Try looking at the Ray Smith Car Audio Stuff website. They list loads of car audio units including adaptors and controls. If you can't see what you're looking for then give them a call and ask for advice.

I've bought stuff off them in the past and had very good service.

HTH,

Keith.

Edit. Spelling mistake and to say you can look for units by make and model of vehicle.

Archived