Getting cable through from battery, and radio question.

deerhound

Have been looking to bring direct supply from battery to about table area inside, this is to supply a ham radio. just wondered if there is an easy way to come from battery as the bulkhead seems well sealed up? The radio is the original Philips and I would like to change this to disc player, will the connections on a new Kenwood be compatable with existing motorhome plugs? Thanks for any help. :-(

deerhound - 2011-01-17 5:31 PM

The radio is the original Philips and I would like to change this to disc player, will the connections on a new Kenwood be compatible with existing motorhome plugs? Thanks for any help. :-(

Hi James,

have a look on the Ray Smith Car Audio Stuff website. They list a whole range of audio units and connection cables and even have a feature where you can search for suitable units by vehicle make and model.

If you are struggling to find what you want then give them a call for advice.

I've bought audio adaptors off them in the past and received very good service.

Keith.

Thanks all for reply, My radio is Icom 706mk2, for mobile use there is a large filter in the feed line, I have never had any problems with it installed in my car but wondered about drawing power direct from the leisure battery when on hook up? I thought that by wiring direct from starter battery I would be away from all else? I will be operating only CW and not running high power and doubt coming off the leisure battery/side would cope? I intend using mono band Pro-am whips on a gutter mount on the side of bonnet but with earth straps either side at hinges to provide a good earth. (?)

Archived