Retro fitting diesel hot/water/heating?

Guest pelmetman

pelmetman - 2011-01-31 8:24 PM

bazooka - 2011-01-31 7:55 PM

Pelmetman,just had a Alugas refillable 11kg fitted by Dave Newall half the weight of a Calor steel bottle.Filled it up 23 litres £16 (70 pence a litre)it might never pay for itself but its worth it for ease of use.

Baz

With camping gaz at 20 euros for 2.75KG 8-) I think it will pay for itself sooner than you think :D

Who is this Dave Newall please ?

If you go for a diesel system, you can't easily move it to another van if you ever change van in the future ... you're van won't last forever unforutunately! A Gaslow system can easily be moved from one van to another.

As for Gaslow, I don't know why some people feel that it is vital to have 2 refillable bottles - you don't, it's just an unnecessary expense and extra weight that you carry pretty much for the sake of it. The whole point of a refillable system is so that you can refill your bottle and not run out! 8-) In our previous van we had a 11kg Gaslow and a 6kg Calor bottle (only because we already had it!), we never used the Calor bottle, never needed to! It's just as well we went for Gaslow as our current van only has room for 1 bottle anyway. We've never run out of gas yet and that was with our Rimor being gas only for air heating and water heating.

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2011-01-31 8:42 PM

you're van won't last forever unforutunately!

Oh Mel........ how could you say such a thing 8-)

I hope Horace wasn't listening :D

Archived