Barryd999

Hi

Just joined, sorry if this is in the wrong place. I have a Swift Kontiki motorhome and I may know some of you from the other forums so applogies in advance!

Mrs D and I have been on a few long trips abroad as well as many trips around the UK. Before we got our van in 2008 I spent years touring Scotland and the islands with my friends in VW's and tents. The Kontiki is a bit too civilised for me really.

My first question. Is there a way to list all the threads from all the forums in order of latest post rather than dipping into each section. I see that you can list new threads but nothing comes up.

Cheers

Barry

Barryd999 - 2011-02-10 11:27 PM

...Is there a way to list all the threads from all the forums in order of latest post rather than dipping into each section. I see that you can list new threads but nothing comes up.

Hi Barry,

In a word - NO.

From within the Control Panel you can alter the forum viewing method, the thread viewing method and the sort order, but that's it.

The reason nothing came up when you used the "New Threads" option would have been because there was no activity on the forum at that time. Most people will have gone to bed by 11:27pm. ;-)

Just a tip Barry , in the Control panel put in the location your motorhome and location so people know what you have when your asking a question about your van, dont know what you mean about too civilized?? our van is much the same as our caravan was only easier.

Sorry cant help about latest posts I quite enjoy reading through all of them you never know you might need the information in the future.

:-D

Barry,

The 'New Threads' link will show all threads posted since you last logged in, but seen as it was your first log in there was no 'last' login for the system to look back for and hence no posts were shown.

If you try again next time you log in then I am certain you will see new threads listed in order of posting.

Keith.

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I’ve added the stuff you said and I can see how the New Threads option works now. I should have realised that last night really!

As regards the Kontiki being too civilised. My first introduction to motorhoming was in my late teens in the 80's when 5 of us for several years went fishing in the Lakes, Scotland and Ireland in a 1967 Comma Caravanette which was superb but cramped for 5! I slept on a roll up mattress on the floor next to the back door.

When a little bit older it was festivals and touring trips in VW campers and tents. We did 18 Scottish Islands over the years including Shetland and Orkney (twice).

For years I was a boaty then in 2008 I decided to include Mrs D in my adventures and bought the Kontiki which is very palatial and "civilised" in comparison to my misspent camper and boating past!

We were supposed to be full timing this year but it’s not looking great.

Cheers

Barry

Barryd999 - 2011-02-11 2:43 PM

Hi

Thanks for the replies. I’ve added the stuff you said and I can see how the New Threads option works now. I should have realised that last night really!

As regards the Kontiki being too civilised. My first introduction to motorhoming was in my late teens in the 80's when 5 of us for several years went fishing in the Lakes, Scotland and Ireland in a 1967 Comma Caravanette which was superb but cramped for 5! I slept on a roll up mattress on the floor next to the back door.

When a little bit older it was festivals and touring trips in VW campers and tents. We did 18 Scottish Islands over the years including Shetland and Orkney (twice).

For years I was a boaty then in 2008 I decided to include Mrs D in my adventures and bought the Kontiki which is very palatial and "civilised" in comparison to my misspent camper and boating past!

Cheers

Barry

Oh right :-D I now know what you mean at last a place for everything and everything in its place ;-) us Mrs D,s have a nack of taming our Men!! (lol)

maggyd - 2011-02-11 9:34 PM

Barryd999 - 2011-02-11 2:43 PM

Hi

Cheers

Barry

Oh right :-D I now know what you mean at last a place for everything and everything in its place ;-) us Mrs D,s have a nack of taming our Men!! (lol)

Mrs D unfortunately despite many years of trying knows I will never be really tamed. :-D

Hi Barry, welcome to the forum. I am a newcomer too, I am sure like me you will find all the users are very friendly and helpful. I have asked a few questions here and have been overwhelmed by the wealth of knowledge and willingness to share it. Half the fun is trawling through the subjects or using the search option, hope you enjoy the experience like me.

barbarian

Archived