No warranty on new motorhome

david1949

Guest Tracker
david1949 - 2011-03-10 9:42 PM

sorry if i have cased any ill felling between members of the forum over this thread.

Glad it's sorted David and you have absolutely no need to apologise for making a perfectly legitimate posting.

You didn't create any bad feeling - the bad feeling already existed - but not from me I hasten to add!

With hindsight the only thing wrong was me, no matter how politely, jumping to your defense because I hate to see new members maybe being discouraged by unjust criticism.

Anyway alls well that ends well and maybe we can now move on.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi. Someone mentioned the age of the tyres, when the van has been standing around for possible 3 or 4 years before being sold, another thought is what detremental effect does this have on the cam belt, and how do you calculate when to change it. 8-)

Brian B

Next i asked the ford dealer if he would update the warranty he went and saw the manager with the Vin from but came back and said i needed to get the dealer to do it that i bought it from up to last year he could have help but Ford has changed the rules now.

You are correct, as I said in earlier reply it is acctually only the converter who can retrospectively ammend.

Dont know why some are getting irate over this its not the dealers fault or the the ford dealer, its the converter. It really is very common and no big deal.

As for the age of the vehicle before it got sold to you well again no big deal have you ever seen a car pool at a major car plant ? if you think your car is new think again.

So in conclusion for anyone who may have this problem in the future "its no big deal, its very common, just send dealer a copy of your vin and they send it to converter and six weeks later its all sorted"

Pleased you have got it sorted.

Have you checked Hymer's build date it will be on the Certificate of Conformity, & if you didn't get one ask Brownhills for it, Hymer always issue one.

Brian's point about about when to change the cambelt is a valid one unless it has a chain, worth investigating or it could get expensive.

ips - 2011-03-11 8:59 AM

Next i asked the ford dealer if he would update the warranty he went and saw the manager with the Vin from but came back and said i needed to get the dealer to do it that i bought it from up to last year he could have help but Ford has changed the rules now.

You are correct, as I said in earlier reply it is acctually only the converter who can retrospectively ammend.

Dont know why some are getting irate over this its not the dealers fault or the the ford dealer, its the converter. It really is very common and no big deal.

As for the age of the vehicle before it got sold to you well again no big deal have you ever seen a car pool at a major car plant ? if you think your car is new think again.

So in conclusion for anyone who may have this problem in the future "its no big deal, its very common, just send dealer a copy of your vin and they send it to converter and six weeks later its all sorted"

Not sure if what you are stating is just limited to the Converters related to Ford. As you will see from my earlier post on this thread, I have a FIAT based Motorhome and had the same problem with Warranty dates. It was Bristol Street Motors (FIAT approved dealership) that made the amendment for me and not Autotrail the converter.

Archived