Thetford Spanner codes

Caddies104

Caddies104 - 2011-03-26 3:49 PM

Hi Does anyone know what all the Spanner codes are on a Thetford N97 Fridge. It works ok on mains, but when on Leisure battery the digital display shows a Spanner and the code 10, and a blue light flashes..

Caddies104 B-)

Hi Derek,

Did you have the engine running?

I hope I'm not teaching you to suck eggs but fridges only run on 12 volts with the engine running and will not run off the leisure battery alone (unless they are compressor type which I'm assuming this is not as it has 240 volts selection).

Try again with the engine running and report back.

Keith.

Many Thanks for both quick replies, yes it does work with engine running..

Any idea what to leave controls on when parked up for a few hours, the Thetford Manual is non existant. Got a new Auto Trail Apache with digital controls; in the old van the controls were purely manual i.e 12v 240v or gas and no flashing lights!!

Caddies104

Hi Derek,

If you want the fridge to carry on working then gas will be your only option.

If you just want to leave the MH for a short while and are not planning on opening the fridge, or do not want to turn the gas on, then turn it off.

Do you mean you don't have a Thetford manual or that it doesn't explain?

Keith.

Keith

The Thetford Manual shows you the Spanner in a picture but nowhere does it explain what it is, in fact the manual is a bit useless, or at least the one we have is.

Again thanks for the re assurance as we are on a site on Dartmoor and was a bit worried..

What a great web site this is!!!

Archived