Fiat X250 Exaust mounts

Mike P

Just had my 08 plate Autotrail Cheyenne 630 back from MOT with an advisory note that it needed 4 new exhaust mounts. Had a look yesterday and couldn't believe what Mickey Mouse items they are (and they did need replacing). Haven't phoned the Fiat dealer yet but no doubt they will charge an arm & a leg.

Has anyone replaced these with anything more substantial? Also a reminder to others to check theirs, as i said they're hellish flimsy.

Mike P

Hello Mike,

They might look a bit Micky Mouse but they are actually quite good. When the rubber fails there is a fabric band that prevents the exhaust from sagging or worse, and I don't think any other manufacturer has thought of anything that clever.

Original items are about £7.00 each from Fiat and if you want something more Donald Duck then take an old one to your local motor factors and they will match it up to something else for about £3.00

I think you'd be Goofy not to get the cheaper ones.

Mick, sorry ..Nick

Look up exhausts and you will see there are ones out there far superior than what is on. All motor factors may not carry them and they may be more than 7 pounds and funny enough they do last longer.

Again have a look at what is available in your area, or maybe you would be happy putting back on like for like, For a 08 , I would be inclined to go for something better.

Regards,

Brendan

Hi, I have changed one set of mountings second set now broken webbing now holding them on my first mot I noticed that the garage have put heavy duty tie wraps around each mounting they did not fail it or mention it.

Lafree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I know what the answer to his will be, but is it possible that these mounts would be covered by warranty?

The warranty terms I've seen don't exclude exhausts, but terms like "consumable items" and " service items" seem to blur the facts enough!

Is there any need to remove the brackets from the chassis to fit the rubbers, or will they just squidge into place? I was thinking of using silicone lubricant to ease them on if that is deemed acceptable.

Archived