We're at Peterborough show - Air Suspension search

Mel B

Hi to everyone who's at the show - still searching for Pelmetman though! >:-)

After trawling around we've signed up for Air-Ride suspension which will be fitted tomorrow afternoon, £525 inc VAT and fitting with gauge and twin manual valves. The prices of the air suspension systems offered by others are quite a lot more, especially if you have it fitted - one company were quoting £250 to fit alone!! 8-)

So far we've bought a few bits and pieces to take home, and treated ourselves to new Regatta jackets and some fleeces - can't beat the prices.

Forgot to say, my luck must be in - I went on the Caravanguard 'hook a duck' and won their top prize of a multitool and very nicely made it is too, and also the Safeguard 'spin to win' and won a £50 discount off our motorhome insurance renewal!

:D

It takes 45 minutes max to fit Airrides; they did mine while Mrs Mike and I remained in the vehicle.

I would imagine the type that cost £250 to fit would be for a different type of air assisted system as not even today's high labour charges can be that exorbitant.

Mel,

There is a lot more work involved in fitting a system with a compressor as this has to be mounted under the MH and as no 2 MH's are the same underneath (water tanks, etc, etc...) each has to be individually tailored to fit.

There is very rarely any obstruction to fitting the air bags to the axle as the space above the axle is usually where the bump stop resided and then the pipes can be run by any convenient route to the footwell.

So fitting air bags and valves may take 45 minutes but mounting a compressor AND wiring it up may take 2 or 3 hours, hence the £250 labour quote.

Hope that makes sense,

Keith.

Mel B - 2011-04-15 6:16 PM

After trawling around we've signed up for Air-Ride suspension which will be fitted tomorrow afternoon, £525 inc VAT and fitting with gauge and twin manual valves. The prices of the air suspension systems offered by others are quite a lot more, especially if you have it fitted - one company were quoting £250 to fit alone!! 8-)

So far we've bought a few bits and pieces to take home, and treated ourselves to new Regatta jackets and some fleeces - can't beat the prices.

Forgot to say, my luck must be in - I went on the Caravanguard 'hook a duck' and won their top prize of a multitool and very nicely made it is too, and also the Safeguard 'spin to win' and won a £50 discount off our motorhome insurance renewal!

Mel can you confirm that price, they told me £595.00 on Wed. That was £525.00 for kit and £70.00 for fitting.

Guest pelmetman

You can't miss us Mel :-D ...........................We're the only ones in a decent camper :D

rupert123 - 2011-04-15 10:31 PM

Mel can you confirm that price, they told me £595.00 on Wed. That was £525.00 for kit and £70.00 for fitting.

Yup, that's what we were told, but we had rung them a few weeks ago and they said for us to see them at the show when we arrived, rather than book in advance, at the time their website price was £500+fitting, so he said they'd do it for us fort £525 including fitting. He did say that the correct price for the kit is £525 plus £70 fitting. They did have a sign out when we went yesterday which said £525 but I can't remember if that was fitted or not.

We've had it fitted now and we'll go and pay them in the morning as by the time it had been fitted, the show was closed.

pelmetman - 2011-04-16 4:20 PM

You can't miss us Mel :-D ...........................We're the only ones in a decent camper :D

Well, we've trawled a lot of the camping ground already so I'm narrowing down your pitch ... if you hear a hissing in the night and get that 'sinking' feeling ... I've found you and let your tyres down!!!! >:-)

... if you hear a hissing in the night and get that 'sinking' feeling ... I've found you and let your tyres down!!!! >:-)

Mel,

And if you hear a hissing in the night and get that 'sinking' feeling... it'll be Dave who has found you and let your Air Suspension down :D :D :D

Keith :D

Managed to accost Pouffee Daddy, er, sorry, Pelmetman and Sue this morning, and Lily enjoyed tapping Troy's nose (the labrador) through the windbreak with her paw. Nice to meet 'face to face' for a change. :-D

Arrived back home at around 8.45 pm after a lovely day of sunshine and more pottering round the show. Enjoyed ourselves as usual and could happily have stayed longer. :->

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2011-04-17 10:06 PM

Managed to accost Pouffee Daddy, er, sorry, Pelmetman and Sue this morning, and Lily enjoyed tapping Troy's nose (the labrador) through the windbreak with her paw. Nice to meet 'face to face' for a change. :-D

I met Mel 8-) .......................................hopefully I will recover, given time and the right medication :D (lol)

Archived