oil leak fiat x250 2.3

peterjl

Hi

Don't necessarily assume it is power steering fluid. When this pink/red fluid started appearing under the gearbox of my 'van (2.3 litre, 3yrs old,21,000miles) it turned out to be clutch fluid. The clutch slave cylinder seal had failed. Gearbox had to come out to get at it; not cheap so try and get work done under warranty.

Hope you get it sorted.

Colin

Hi

Update on Oil Leak - Lenny was smack on the button (thank you Lenny)- it was red oil and it had started to leak again!

The original repair was at Brownhills but because i was worried it might be the power steering i went to my local Fiat garage (significantly nearer) who diagnosed that the Brownhills repair was leaking oil and fixed - but not under the Autotrail third year insurance warranty as Brownhills had already been paid for doing the job. I will try and claim back cost but not optomistic following a phone call to them (i would settle for a goodwill contribution).

The good news is it appears to be fixed (but i thought that last time). I will take for a few runs over next few weeks and keep an eye on it before we set off on big trip.

I feel quietly confident that my local garage has sorted and even if i have to pay it gives peace of mind which is priceless.

Peter

Archived