Club discounts for Eurotunnel

Zyroman

Hi, does anyone know which of either the Caravan club or the camping and Caravan club can secure the best discount for a September trip through the "Chunnel" , I know it is more expensive than the Ferry but I like fact they have no charges etc if you are late.

Zyroman - 2011-07-07 8:02 AM

Hi, does anyone know which of either the Caravan club or the camping and Caravan club can secure the best discount for a September trip through the "Chunnel" , I know it is more expensive than the Ferry but I like fact they have no charges etc if you are late.

Only Tesco club card.

Hi when ever I have tried CC and C.C.C for ferry deals either the site is not available or they both have been more expense ,than going direct to PO ,or DFS Norfolk line.We have used the tunnel but we paid for it using Tesco vouchers ,its was good ,flask of boiling water ,the wife made the coffee while we waited to move of ,by the time we finished coffee we where there.

Did arrive at both ends before due time to leave, machine gave option of earlier train no extra charge.

Guest pelmetman
Ditto with the Tesco card, our trip last month cost less than a tank of juice for a return ticket:D

pelmetman - 2011-07-07 9:10 AM

Ditto with the Tesco card, our trip last month cost less than a tank of juice for a return ticket:D

What’s the best way of doing this?

When you book with the Tesco card, you have to get the vouchers from Tesco first. I've gone on line to get a price for the dates we want, now I need to order the vouchers. But, I gather you can book only by phone.

So, is the on-line price the same as the price over the phone, or should I order extra vouchers?????

See if this helps . . . .

Using TESCO Vounchers for EuroTunnel

1. Go on the Eurotunnel website and choose when you want to go and it will give you options for times/dates and the various prices. Once you have identified your timings etc, do NOT book anything.

2. Now go to the Tesco website and redeem your vouchers for Eurotunnel vouchers.

3. Once you have these Eurotunnel vouchers, go back on the Eurotunnel website and double check what dates/times are still available and the cost.

4. Phone the Eurotunnel 'Tesco' phone number 0870 2410276, (which should be with your paperwork). When you get through, tell them you want to pay with Tesco vouchers.

5. Tell them what date/times you want, they will confirm the cost, and they will ask you for the numbers off your Eurotunnel vouchers. They will then give you a 7-digit reference number.

6. IMPORTANT - you now have to send the vouchers to Eurotunnel by Special Delivery to reach them within 4 working days along with the completed form that Tesco sent you. Ideally book it on a Monday or Tuesday so you have a 'normal' week for the vouchers to arrive. DON'T be tempted to book up on a Friday before a Bank Holiday!!!

7. If the vouchers don't arrive within the 4 days the booking is void.

8. Once Eurotunnel have received the vouchers, they will send you a confirmation email with your full booking reference number (your original 7-digit reference plus the final 8th digit). You must take this with you when you go for your crossings as well as the credit card you paid any extra costs on as they may ask to see this in case of queries.

Hi

Thanks for that really full and helpful reply.

What I also wanted to know is about the pricing. I have checked prices for the dates we want on-line, and have more than enough club card vouchers to cover the cost, but is the on-line fare the same as when you phone to book? I know that often the better prices are on-line.

We had the same procedure [palaver!] to go through when club card deals still allowed purchase of Eurostar tickets. But I cannot recall how the pricing worked out.

Yep, bit of a shame as we use Sainsbury more thank Tesco, we did have some vouchers but my wife used them towards our EON bill which only gave double the value rather than three times. I checked air miles as I have some points banked with them but they only do Eurostar. A quick check on CC &C site indicates a 10% discount so just of to check CC now.

I don't shop in Tesco as I don't like them, but I do buy everything else on their credit card - usually at Sainsbury's.

So..... I get the Clubcard points from Tesco by using their credit card, & I get the Nectar points from Sainsbury's :D

I always use the clubcard deals for Eurotunnel & nothing else - its too good a deal to miss! :-D :-D

Ref your latest question, if the tunnel return fare is £120 standard, then you only pay with £40 worth of vouchers - there are no hidden costs (except Tesco suggest you send your vouchers by recorded delivery - we never do, we just use 2nd class stamps & have never had a problem)

Nice to have a choice!!! It's Asda or Tesco for us. Or our excellent Village Stores. There is a small Sainsburys in a town centre not far away. No car park; limited choice. But that's btw!

So, if I read you correctly, the on-line price for the tunnel is the same as the price you get over the phone when you ring to use the Tesco vouchers????

Gwendolyn - 2011-07-07 6:58 PM

Nice to have a choice!!! It's Asda or Tesco for us. Or our excellent Village Stores. There is a small Sainsburys in a town centre not far away. No car park; limited choice. But that's btw!

So, if I read you correctly, the on-line price for the tunnel is the same as the price you get over the phone when you ring to use the Tesco vouchers????

Yes, same price. You then use the vouchers to pay most, or if you're really lucky all, of the fare, depending on the value of your vouchers. Face value of voucher x 3 I think, at present. Play your cards right, and you'll get a £5 return!

Priced up 2 return fares, same days, different times. 1 is £20 more. But the more expensive one means I can use exactly the correct amount of vouchers, thus pay nothing. The cheaper one means I will have to pay £1!!!!

But those are the on-line prices. I just thought that booking over the phone might add a considerable amount. Clearly not then. Good-oh!

Thanks for all the tips everyone.

[Entertaining how a thread which asked about club discounts developed into a “how to use Tesco vouchers" theme, with added extras of "don't like Tesco"!!!

Just out of interest, is it the quality of goods people don't like; or the 'Tescopoly' phenomenon?]

Guest pelmetman

They will even accept the vouchers when they have been torn up by mistake*-)..........

We only use Tesco for fuel, occasionally for shopping if we have to, personally we don't find them as cheap as they make out;-)..................But mostly because of the damage they along with the others have done to our small towns*-)   

I always spend our Tesco vouchers the very next day. We use Tesco cos its nearest but I have no preference to any store and occasionally go anywhere.

Our passports have now expired after 60 years regular use, so that us done for any overseas visits.

art

pelmetman - 2011-07-07 8:31 PMThey will even accept the vouchers when they have been torn up by mistake*-)..........

We only use Tesco for fuel, occasionally for shopping if we have to, personally we don't find them as cheap as they make out;-)..................But mostly because of the damage they along with the others have done to our small towns*-)   
Great someone with principles, cheap isn’t always best. We shop at Waitrose, but quality does come at a cost, so no gimmicky frequent shopper points. :D

We love our Teco Credit card, means you can shop wherever you want, Aldi, M&S, whatever you but wherever you buy it, we pay the whole caboodle off every month and get the vouchers. It's just cost us a whole £6 to buy a return Chunnel crossing in August .....

Have used Tesco vouchers for a few years now, got both crossings this year for £2 return.

BUT:

JennyC - 2011-07-10 1:25 AM

We love our Teco Credit card, means you can shop wherever you want, Aldi,........

Aldi do not accept credit cards, do they? They don't in my local ones anyway, is it different elsewhere? Neither for that matter do Lidl and Netto AFAIK.

Ina.

Zyroman - 2011-07-10 2:34 PM

Wow, I started the thread and I don't think I got one reply in relation the original question ! still I know even more about Tesco clubcards now than I did before ; )

I think that the C&CC offered 10% off, and the CC similar, you used to be able to go on the CC's website and book the tunnel, so perhaps an option to have a browse on their website without actually going as far as booking it, to see the price?

Other than that, you'll have to give them a ring and ask I think.

Ina.

• 2 weeks later...

Booked the tunnel last night at 5pm. Had the vouchers to hand as i looked at our preferred times before hand. Phoned and spoke to a lovely helpful lady with the best accent in the world :-D. The price over the phone was exactly the same as i had looked at on line. Total cost was £283 had £255 worth in vouchers so £28 on the card. This is our second crossing this year and we did have a few minor problems on the return in June (see my earlier post).

Rog

Hi

i am sceptical that the CC have a discount thesedays - once upon a time i always booked through CC and it was cheaper - these days i usually get a price online from CC then go direct to ferry or chunnel online and get it cheaper on a like for like basis! Maybe i have just been unlucky.

Peter

We always use Eurotunnel (wife and I are terrible sailors) using the cheaper evening time slot going out and the cheaper morning time slot when returning, always stopping overnight at Cite Europe.

Both clubs offer a discount on the 'official' Eurotunnel rates with the C&CC just being the better deal. However the earlier you book the cheaper the deal, our September return booking made in January was £108.

Archived