New scam email?

Patricia

Patricia - 2011-07-11 11:00 AM

Have received a couple of these lately: Uniform Traffic Ticket. Sure this is a scam as it has an attachment. Haven't opened them of course, just sent them to the bin. Anyone else receiving them?

Nope as I try and drive safely and with in the law. I do however have emails telling me how to improve my performance, has her indoors been talking. I thought my performance was good :D :D

Definitely a scam, unless you gave your email address to a traffic warden or the like. As much as this government spies on us, I doubt the plod could link your car/van to a personal email.You've done the right thing by binning it, although the temptation to have a peek is pretty strong sometimes.

I've had my email hacked a couple of times by attachments, the trouble is, in business you have to open attachments that you believe are from a reliable source.

donna miller - 2011-07-11 12:26 PM

Definitely a scam, unless you gave your email address to a traffic warden or the like. As much as this government spies on us, I doubt the plod could link your car/van to a personal email.You've done the right thing by binning it, although the temptation to have a peek is pretty strong sometimes.

I've had my email hacked a couple of times by attachments, the trouble is, in business you have to open attachments that you believe are from a reliable source.

I’m glad to read that you don’t succumb to temptation, it all too easy to open what should be an innocent email. However the thought of email hacking is prosperous and maybe outwit the realms of practability. I suppose some smart arse on here will next quote the conspiracy theory. ;-)

Definitely a scam, unless you gave your email address to a traffic warden or the like. As much as this government spies on us, I doubt the plod could link your car/van to a personal email.

Maybe the plod couldn't but I bet the News Of The World could have done >:-(

Syd - 2011-07-11 1:35 PM

Definitely a scam, unless you gave your email address to a traffic warden or the like. As much as this government spies on us, I doubt the plod could link your car/van to a personal email.

Maybe the plod couldn't but I bet the News Of The World could have done >:-(

:D :D :D

Hi Patricia,
Hope all is well with you, yes it is a scam and is quite common in Europe at the moment,so is also cold calling on the phone, Bin and hang up is the best advice to all, you will get more but just do the same.
Regards,
Brendan

Hi Brendan I am fine thanks and you? Back to France this weekend!

Thanks James I am sure that would have been the one plus the email that came in with it was from IRS - binned that one too. I use Yahoo for email in England and they put both in the junk mail folder but I am also getting some junk in recently on my Wanadoo address - think this is harmless though.

JamesFrance - 2011-07-11 6:48 PM

Patricia, I get hardly any spam on my French wanadoo emails.

Have you activated anti-spam on your Orange website, beside your list of emails? I find it works very well.

Yes, Wanadoo is very good for lack of spam. Only had two, I think, and they are very recent. Yahoo is quite good too, not like Tiscali used to be - one day I received over 100!

Archived