Spain over Winter

Bulletguy

If you get this years ACSI book, available next month you will see loads of campsites open throughout Spain at the fixed price of 12,14 or 16€ per night for 2 people,your motorhome and including electric. We have been to Spain / Portugal for the last 2 years and have never had the need to wildcamp. Even travelling through France we have only had to stay on an Aire one night each way for lack of an open campsite. If you are in C&CC have a look at the Carefree brochure on the web for rallies and en route sites as well.

Maybe see you there?

Bob

david lloyd - 2011-11-16 3:20 PM

Some years ago I stayed at a site at Roquetas De Mar see:

http://www.campingroquetas.com/b1_en.htm

quite good location within walking distance fo Roquetas and had a good rate for 30+ nights stay

David

That looks pretty good. Worth having a look at anyway. Main reason for wildcamping is now i'm retired the pennies have to be counted! That said though I do enjoy the freedom it gives.

Bojitoes - 2011-11-16 4:57 PM

If you get this years ACSI book, available next month you will see loads of campsites open throughout Spain at the fixed price of 12,14 or 16€ per night for 2 people,your motorhome and including electric. We have been to Spain / Portugal for the last 2 years and have never had the need to wildcamp. Even travelling through France we have only had to stay on an Aire one night each way for lack of an open campsite. If you are in C&CC have a look at the Carefree brochure on the web for rallies and en route sites as well.

Maybe see you there?

Bob

Thanks Bob.....i've got the ACSI DVD which I find much better than the book. Main reason for wildcamping is since recently retiring I now have to count the pennies! But also enjoy the freedom it gives. Believe it or not i've never been to mainland Spain before, as where most Brits tend to head S/W, I go East.

Good morning....just returned from a 4 month wander in Europe spending 76 nights in the south of Spain wilding between Almeria and La linea....no problem.....this will open the can of worms i know but hey ho, why pay to be crammed in a campsite when you can park on the beach ! !

Go for it, you wont be the only one.

Phil

Manu - 2011-11-17 10:11 AM

Good morning....just returned from a 4 month wander in Europe spending 76 nights in the south of Spain wilding between Almeria and La linea....no problem.....this will open the can of worms i know but hey ho, why pay to be crammed in a campsite when you can park on the beach ! !

Solo 'site' with beach 'n sea view FOC sounds good to me! (lol) (lol)

Been keeping an eye on weather reports. 17.8c in Andalusia today with 25c forecast for Monday. That'll do me fine! :-D

Bulletguy - 2011-11-18 12:55 PM

derek500 - 2011-11-17 9:50 PM

Bulletguy - 2011-11-17 9:51 PM

Been keeping an eye on weather reports. 17.8c in Andalusia today with 25c forecast for Monday. That'll do me fine! :-D

Which forecast do you use? 25c will surely break all records.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/AL/Andalusia.html

That "Andalusia" is in the USA

Peter

peterjl - 2011-11-18 1:01 PM

Bulletguy - 2011-11-18 12:55 PM

derek500 - 2011-11-17 9:50 PM

Bulletguy - 2011-11-17 9:51 PM

Which forecast do you use? 25c will surely break all records.

http://www.wunderground.com/US/AL/Andalusia.html

That "Andalusia" is in the USA

Peter

oooerr *-) *-) *-)

Oh well................nice mistake while it lasted! *-)

Better get off to Specsavers! (lol)

hi bulletguy,we are in spain at the moment (and jolly nice weather we're having thank you). we are in benidorm but on our way up we went to benicasim to do our usual stint of "wild camping" only to find the area usually full of m'h's was no more.it is now a walkway with lovely grass and flowers all the way down to the sea, and lots of work still going on in the immediate area.shame as it was a great place to be.we then went to santa pola,south of alicante where we usually do another couple of days "wild" and that also has an awful lot of work in place all around the harbour where we normaly park.you can't even drive through that area now.we then went just north to "la marina" where we DID manage to find lots of m'h's parked up on the way to the sea and also along the seafront.it was quite nice, but not as good as the previous 2 places,although we did only stay 1 night,so can't really comment. don't know if this a reflection of things to come,but i do think "wild camping" will soon be a thing of the past in spain.

trickydicky - 2011-11-19 3:59 PM

hi bulletguy,we are in spain at the moment (and jolly nice weather we're having thank you). we are in benidorm but on our way up we went to benicasim to do our usual stint of "wild camping" only to find the area usually full of m'h's was no more.

don't know if this a reflection of things to come,but i do think "wild camping" will soon be a thing of the past in spain.

I think you will be right.

Regular sites will have been complaining even louder in the economic downturn with ever decreasing customers booking in and falling profits. Not sure that planting flowers and pretty lawned areas will be the answer though, particularly as that will require costly maintenance! Far better to have cut site fees dramatically throughout making it more appealing for the punters to come on.

Good to hear about the weather. Been showing as 19c today where i'm heading for in a couple of weeks. Outdoor temp in my area today a miserable 9c and now down to 7c.

By the time you get to Calais you will need thermals, overcoats, scarves and woolly hat before stepping foot back into the freezer!

There are still absolutely masses of wildcamp spots all across the country if..........and often it's a big if........you're prepared to look at possibilities not right on the coastal beaches.

The Spanish national Government "Ley de la Costas" (law of the coasts) does restrict beach parking/camping all across Spain, so any "beachy" type wildcamp spots that you find are where a "blind eye" is being turned by the local authorities.

But you are legally allowed to park overnight (and then sleep in your MH once parked) anywhere in Spain where parking is not forbidden, so long as you are not causing an obstruction......so in any car park, by the side of a road, in parking bays, at the side of country lanes, etc etc is all legal for overnight stops.

As I've mentioned before, there is a legal difference here between "parking" and "camping"........if you just stay in your van you're parked, if you get your chairs and tables and awnings and bbq etc out, then you're camping.

We've just got back on Friday afternoon from another mini-tour, this time 12 days down to Granada, Andalucia, Gibraltar, then back up via Almeria/Murcia regions. Used one campsite, and wild-camped the other 11 nights, in several different locations, some on the coast and some a little inland. A couple of the wildcamp spots that we used had several other MH's on them, the others were where we just parked up in glorious countryside on our own.

Lovely trip, and no problems.

Archived