Gender of Motorhomes

Mr  Mrs Batty

Mr & Mrs Batty - 2011-12-19 11:56 AM

come on then commit still got to clarify is it a male knight or a girlie knight ??

Seem few M.H.s with plates in the windscren - do you get any hassle from over keen police officers at all regarding displaying two plates all be it obviously one being your van nickname ?

We WILL wave as this is a main part of traveling - well is in our mad little world !!

Mr & Mrs B

:-S

Dear Mr & Mrs Batty........

Ours is a male as was the previous.... and determined by the number plate.... ACS = so it had to be a Stanley! (Acrington Stanley). I just don't see him as a girly van at all......

And don't get us started on the wave technique - it is a whole other thread!!!

Sparkle - 2011-12-22 8:54 AM

Mr & Mrs Batty - 2011-12-19 11:56 AM

come on then commit still got to clarify is it a male knight or a girlie knight ??

Seem few M.H.s with plates in the windscren - do you get any hassle from over keen police officers at all regarding displaying two plates all be it obviously one being your van nickname ?

We WILL wave as this is a main part of traveling - well is in our mad little world !!

Mr & Mrs B

:-S

Dear Mr & Mrs Batty........

Ours is a male as was the previous.... and determined by the number plate.... ACS = so it had to be a Stanley! (Acrington Stanley). I just don't see him as a girly van at all......

And don't get us started on the wave technique - it is a whole other thread!!!

Hi Sparkle - yes with plate like that gotta be a 'boy van'. lol and yse the wave or not to wave is a whole new world. We see you post lots of useful information reagrding Spain - do you live there full time ?

The Bs :-D

Mr & Mrs Batty - 2011-12-22 12:10 PM

Hi Sparkle - yes with plate like that gotta be a 'boy van'. lol and yse the wave or not to wave is a whole new world. We see you post lots of useful information reagrding Spain - do you live there full time ?

Yes we do - been here now for almost 9 yrs... time flies when you're having fun, and with my hubby life is never boring! Anything to escape the humdrum life back in the UK, not to mention the Mother in Law! (She who must not be named! LOL)

Sparkle - 2011-12-23 7:47 AM

Mr & Mrs Batty - 2011-12-22 12:10 PM

Yes we do - been here now for almost 9 yrs... time flies when you're having fun, and with my hubby life is never boring! Anything to escape the humdrum life back in the UK, not to mention the Mother in Law! (She who must not be named! LOL)

Sounds like a lovley life apart from the husband bit. Does he do anything apart from drink cheap wine and make home made van hair driers at all ? ;-)

My late father in law had a car on which the number plate started. EFL. Sorry no prizes for guessing what she was called.

My wife has a disability which would make driving difficult. Some fifty years ago I tried to teach her to drive in a car with a column gear change. How many of you remember those? We gave up when she managed to finish up in a shop doorway in Holt in Norfolk!

Colin Leake - 2011-12-23 9:54 PM

Some fifty years ago I tried to teach her to drive in a car with a column gear change. How many of you remember those?

I had a 1958 Hillman Minx with a column change and bench front seat Colin. It was my first car and I bought it off my wifes grandmother. We hadn't been married long so had some good times in it. I still remember the registration, SCJ209. It finally gave up the ghost on the A49 near Ludlow when the engine seized :'(

I bought a Surf Blue 1960 Austin Mini saloon then, 29ABO. That got wiped out by a lorry whilst parked on the side of the road. I was fishing in a competition and the lorry wrote of 3 cars and damaged 3 others. I got a Austin Mini Traveller after that.

Archived