Motorhome hire scam?

ike

Bruce,

Just to add that the 'same' lowlife also appear to be trading or have traded as Arrow Motorhomes and Sun Drive Hire.

Have a look at this website exposing their scam sites...Sun Drive Hire Scam.

And here is a link to reviews on Trust Pilot saying they are a scam.

Ike,

Very, very sorry to hear that it was a scam after all but unfortunately as soon as I started Googling after your original post alarm bells began to sound.

My only remaining suggestion is as my first post, try contacting the landlords at the office building as they must have contact details.

Keith.

Edit for anyone interested. The owner/sole proprietor appears to be a Mr Gerry McFadden. It may be interesting to find out how many other companies he 'owns'?

Keith.

Edit for anyone interested. The owner/sole proprietor appears to be a Mr Gerry McFadden. It may be interesting to find out how many other companies he 'owns'?

GERRY McFADDEN.........I'm sure I've come across that name before-was he not the owner of Global Motorhomes at some point or more recently a motorhome company discussed on this forum when someone was looking to buy from a 'not well known' dealer?

I also seem to remember they had a branch in Scotland as well as Reading area-as did Global when they were trading

Will rack my brains on this guy!

Mike

PS Ike-What about contacting Rip Off Britain or Watchdog about him?

Keithl - 2011-12-30 5:07 PM

Sorry but I copied the name from a review on TrustPilot and it appears to be wrong.

His correct name appears to be GARY McFadden.

Just try Googling his name and see what comes up...

Keith.

Except that I rather doubt he actually lives there. For God's sake don't go and attack the property or anyone entering or leaving! I accept I may be assuming levels of rashness of which forum members would never be guilty, but, when the red mist descends?

I would suspect he keeps on running, so his creditors can't catch up.

However, if the police can be persuaded there is serial fraud being committed, which seems a fair possibility, they should be able to back track on who rented those accommodation addresses, and get back to a company, so possibly via bank accounts to an owner. If your friend is lucky, and the guy in question doesn't monitor the forums for mentions of his name (PMs would have been wiser, folks) they may just get him before he flits again. He'll have to be quick, though.

Evelyn Gardens are all mansion blocks. 3 is on the corner with Cranley Gardens. Cranley Gardens is a turning north off Fulham Road. Cross Battersea Bridge into Chelsea, north up Beaufort St, Cross Kings RD, and continue to Fulham Rd, right into Fulham Rd. First left Evelyn Gardens, ignore, and take second left into Cranley Gardens, then first left, and No 3 is on the corner. All flats. Five floors, including basement, probably 10 flats in all. Probably a management company who may help if approached - but not before you're there: one careless mention, and the bird will fly! Anyone?

Approx GPS N51.48884 W0.17770.

Guest Peter James
Brian Kirby - 2011-12-31 4:10 PM

For God's sake don't go and attack the property or anyone entering or leaving! .

Exactly. I guess he is prepared for visits from angry customers.

He has even been posting photos of reputable companies forecourts/motorhomes he has stolen without their knowlege, and claiming they are his. Would be a blow if you attacked one of them!

• 3 months later...

Didn't want to go "public" on this. The police don't seem to be much interested in pursuing this matter and my friend has not been in touch with the MMM as I hoped he would have done. That aside I thought you would want to know that he did get his money back through the chargeback facility so thanks very much for the heads up on that.

Regards

ike

Well I've gone public now! What a plonker I am. I meant to send a message to one of the forum members but made a boo-boo. Never mind. I hop the scammer has ceased "trading" and hopefully folk will be very careful when hiring an MH in future. Still it's worthwhile folk knowing about being able to claim back on your debit card

ike

Archived