Auto Trail Control unit

spartan3956

"They have a reputation for being a very helpful and consumer friendly company. I'm sure a phone call to them direct will solve the problem."

Totally agree. In my estimation the most consumer pro-active and helpfull company in the motorhome community.

Give them a ring, their front line help person shares the same christian name as me.

C.

I would be grateful if you would let me know how you get on as we have the same problem on our seven year old Tracker but have just put up with it as we don,t use it much as the solar panel copes well keeping the batteries charged.

I Have been onto sargent who will offer to service/repair the charger unit but they will not supply a fan seperately,

I have managed to get hold of one a sunon KD1206phs2 DC 12 volt 1.9 watt.for under £10 delivered.

it will need to be fitted with a printed board plug.

I would not recommend taking the unit apart if you are not aqualified electrical engineer as i am.

The units are pop rivetted together to stop the have a go DIY person , the units have printed circuit boards inside,as does the charger unit.

When open the charger unit is quite hard to get out after disconnecting the wire from the 230 volt RCD and 12 volt feeds from the split charger.I didnt take the control box away from the main wiring loom.

As for getting it repaired

I would give sargent a ring it may be a visit to yorkshire to get it fixed i have no idea of the cost.implications.

Open to suggestions to help get it repaired.

Pete

As Clive has said Sargent are very good to deal with, just give them the build number of your Autotrail and the model number of the charger unit and they will despatch a replacement overnight by courier, all you have to do is return the old unit in the same packageing. You will then have a new unit that will last some considerable time. I have dealt with them when I had a problem and I highly recommend them.

Archived