Bruges camp sites ?

Mr  Mrs Batty

Hi everyone

we are thinking of going to Bruges in February in Mrs Batty's half term (hard life for teachers with the pitiful holiday allowance they get - but thats another thread !)

We have been many years before but on motorbikes and stayed in a hotel and love the place. Has anyone been there and found any nice camp sites ? On the internet there dont seem to be many apart from the ones on the coast ?

Many thanks

Mr B (Neil)

:-)

The Aire at Bruges is quite nice it is just off the ring road next to the canal, it is closer to the town than the sites but it is a bit pricey. Was 22.50€ for 24hr in 2010 may gone up since then, also have to make sure you are out by 11am or you get charged for another day.

Pricey but convenient.

lennyhb - 2012-01-13 10:40 AM

The Aire at Bruges is quite nice it is just off the ring road next to the canal, it is closer to the town than the sites but it is a bit pricey. Was 22.50€ for 24hr in 2010 may gone up since then, also have to make sure you are out by 11am or you get charged for another day.

Pricey but convenient.

Thanks Lenny

were you allowed to stay there for several nights as long as you paid ?

Mr. B

The aire at Brugge is well overpriced, their is a site on the edge of town called Camping Memling. It is not a great site with basic facilities but is friendly and a lot better than the aire. It takes about twenty minutes to walk into the centre or their is a bus five minutes away, the site office will give you details.

rupert123 - 2012-01-13 11:14 AM

The aire at Brugge is well overpriced, their is a site on the edge of town called Camping Memling. It is not a great site with basic facilities but is friendly and a lot better than the aire. It takes about twenty minutes to walk into the centre or their is a bus five minutes away, the site office will give you details.

Thanks for that - yes we have seen that one and reviews say its basic which is fine for us. Also I think you are right checking the out of season rates for Memling its cheaper than the aire.

Mr. B

Klyne - 2012-01-13 11:17 AM

If you want a campsite in Brugge we have stayed here http://www.davidklyne.co.uk/camping_and_recreatiepark_klein.htm it seems to be open all year. There is also Camping Memling which I understand has hardstandings.

David

Thanks for the link David - that site looks really nice ! Will add it to the list of possibles.

Mr B

mel wood - 2012-01-13 12:10 PM

We have used Camping Memling twice (we would have used it a 3rd time but it was full) . Whilst pitches are close together we have had no problems and didn't find anything wrong with the loos/showers etc. It is also an easy cycle ride into the town.

Hi Mel

the 'small' pitches I dont think would be a problem as in February I think we would not want to put the awing up and spread out too much. We would prebook as would be disappointed if we got there and was full but guess at this time of year wouldnt be.

Also may be if its not busy could have a choice of pitch. We have a moped / rack ( I know - LAZY !) so getting around is no problem.

Thanks for replying.

Mr & Mrs Batty - 2012-01-13 11:09 AM

lennyhb - 2012-01-13 10:40 AM

Pricey but convenient.

Thanks Lenny

were you allowed to stay there for several nights as long as you paid ?

Mr. B

I don't think there is any limit on length of stay.

Guest JudgeMental
We like the Aire at brugge,and have used it many times. It is very convenient and as its more or less in the town only a short walk or bike ride to centre. Bus stop at train station a 5 minute walk, and a few bars/eating places on canel and near station if you dont fancy going into town......

We too like the aire at Bruges as it is an easy walk to old town and setting, next to canal is pleasant. As with all aires no worries re pre-booking so in our opinion much better than sites. Yes at some times it may be more expensive than site, but as cost is not the reason we use aires then this is not a consideration for us.

JudgeMental - 2012-01-13 2:02 PM

We like the Aire at brugge,and have used it many times. It is very convenient and as its more or less in the town only a short walk or bike ride to centre. Bus stop at train station a 5 minute walk, and a few bars/eating places on canel and near station if you dont fancy going into town......

Mr & Mrs B.

I recalled a post for you on the Aires that was done some years ago , Unfortunately its on Chatter box as I am not sure how to do a link and put it on hear for you . Don't know if it will help.

michele - 2012-01-14 3:43 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-01-13 2:02 PM

Mr & Mrs B.

I recalled a post for you on the Aires that was done some years ago , Unfortunately its on Chatter box as I am not sure how to do a link and put it on hear for you . Don't know if it will help.

Follow this: http://tinyurl.com/7lxoz3r

Guest JudgeMental
I followed Know it all Kirby's link and it made me weep a bit....In remembrance of what a fine forum this once was, full of friendly happy people only to willing to share experiences.....

JudgeMental - 2012-01-14 4:54 PM

I followed Know it all Kirby's link and it made me weep a bit....In remembrance of what a fine forum this once was, full of friendly happy people only to willing to share experiences.....

Thanks Brian,

Have to agree with Judge its more like dog eats dog on here now .

It was fine Forum and could be again it everyone actually bothered to bloody try but as usual you always get (it's not nice to insult people)s in life , makes me mad & sad .

Mandy stuff it . be yourself .

I had a wonderful time that weekend and it was so funny that three of us from the forum turned up at once and all met .

Good old days as Judge said.. Funny off back there this weekend coming but staying in a Hotel as no Bessie :'(

Archived