To buy a new Hymer yes,well NO well yes oh help

plumbersvan

8-) I got an sms to say the owner of a hymer i saw last November called to say i could have it at price i thought more appropriate (lol) *-)

Its got 5 diesel cylinders mercadies which he thought most important *-)

What attracted me to it was the vast shower room the gas hot water boiler by Traumatic the cavernous storage for my cloths and storage for shoes 8-) not to mention a vast dining table :-S

I didnt look at it for long as he refused to reduce the price and others had arrived to look(In November)

I want the shower;the storage; but not the engine :-( It seems i will have to fit a thing to prevent pollution 8-) Which will cost a fortune and be stollen daily by scrap collectors 8-)

Today in the Landry (as its rainning/drizzel) i read the Germans told sarkozy to add an pollution tax which it said two years ago would have been 17 eurocents but was rejected by the French parliament :-D Now it seems its a euro rule imposed by Brussels and will be 37 euro cent per liter

8-) 8-)

I do desperately wish for a hot shower room & vast storage space :-D But not all the uncertainties :-|

Once again im in a dreadful hurry should i tell them to buy it for me or not (?) I would rather be there to look at it again perhaps i better wait until im back (?) Or is it a chance to good to miss???

8-) I read my post.It is dreadful 8-) Perhaps becouse ive been speaking and reading in French all week :-| :-|

Guest JudgeMental

sounds like it is an old van that needs extensive work to allow it to pass emissions, LEZ etc...

Make sure you get quotes for the work and price reflects it.........last I heard the work was approx £3000? But better of doing some serious homework as van may be near worthless

JudgeMental - 2012-01-27 4:31 PM

sounds like it is an old van that needs extensive work to allow it to pass emissions, LEZ etc...

Make sure you get quotes for the work and price reflects it.........last I heard the work was approx £3000? But better of doing some serious homework as van may be near worthless

Not sure of the figures, but there is also an annual cost associated these filters.

Around £300 per annum IIRC.

IMO there could be a glut of older Motorhomes coming on to the market around London.

If he hasn't sold it since November, I doubt he will be selling it very quick. I would wait until you get back over here and have another look at it before you make up your mind. If he contacted you, he is desperate, so tell him to wait and put off the decision until you see it for a second time. Even then you need to really think about it.

There is always another motorhome, there will always be another Hymer!

Good Luck :-D

come on chaps!!

remember last year !! cant remenber the name! filled the water up with cheap wine!!

we reckoned it was a man on his travels on his own! turned out it was a women!(got guts)

anyway if its same eager to read of the travels!

its exactly the same punutuation(thats wrong spelling but the thesais as gone to bed

jon

:-S The Hymer was built 2000/2003 i forget the exact date but its 2000 something :-(

And yes ill wait until i return.I have lots of stops to make this year it really dose help to be indipendant ive been invited to the var(83) and Menton (06) both have small holiday homes with large parking :-D under the trees.and ive become addicted to 220v 8-) 8-) 8-)

I cant think whats meant by wine as im quite new to the forum registered just a few weeks ago :-S This is though the moment to be hear if you are a wine drinker as so far every largish town had had a wine weekend theres one hear now in the town center where wine can be tried at no cost just as long as you can hold a glass 8-) 8-)

Im avoiding it as i dont want my camping van peed on :-| nor are people being sick appealing :-S

Monday i will drive into the foot hill of the Rhone valley

Guest JudgeMental
silverback - 2012-01-27 11:07 PM

come on chaps!!

remember last year !! cant remember the name! filled the water up with cheap wine!!

we reckoned it was a man on his travels on his own! turned out it was a women!(got guts)

anyway if its same eager to read of the travels!

its exactly the same punutuation(thats wrong spelling but the thesais as gone to bed

jon

I think you are correct but did not like to say....if this is the case, not sure why they felt the need to reinvent themselves....But hey ho and on we go! :-D

edit: now reading the above its a hell of a coincidence 8-)

Dont worry plumbervan...its just you have you have a distinctive style of posting and also roam around France out of season......There is a lady out there also, VERY much like you, doing exactly the same thing it seems...love is on the Aire! :D

The 'search' facility seems to reveal, Judge, that this poster is Fiona Adams, whose 'noms des plumes' have been: 'Alf stone', Alf Stonehouse' and 'plumbersvan' (at least - but there may be more!) -- not to be confused with 'Alf' -- who would appear to be male & unrelated!

Certainly ' Alf Stone' reported an incident of filling up a water tank with red wine last year!

The fun continues -- keep posting Alfiona -- we love it!

Colin.

Guest JudgeMental

In that case.....I still hope that her different personalities will be very happy wih each other when they eventually meet up *-)

keep taking the pills! :D

Archived