ADAC Breakdown

carebear

Please can anyone advise me on the UK recovery side of ADAC.

I read somewhere previously that Green Flag was used for the UK recovery.

Now keen to join ADAC i have just read in a forum, its the AA is used for UK recovery.

Having a van over 7mts this would not suit us, as the AA and RAC will not recover us due to our length.

My membership to Green Flag is due for renewal, so in limbo at the moment, as to pay them £130 + £100 Red Penant for 2 weeks europe, or opt for ADAC at approx £80, europe included.

carebear - 2012-01-28 10:16 PM

Please can anyone advise me on the UK recovery side of ADAC.

I read somewhere previously that Green Flag was used for the UK recovery.

Now keen to join ADAC i have just read in a forum, its the AA is used for UK recovery.

Having a van over 7mts this would not suit us, as the AA and RAC will not recover us due to our length.

My membership to Green Flag is due for renewal, so in limbo at the moment, as to pay them £130 + £100 Red Penant for 2 weeks europe, or opt for ADAC at approx £80, europe included.

I would look long and hard at using ADAC. their is a good thread on Motorhome facts about this with several shocks to users, including a pretty low limit on what they will pay for recovery, and not refunding money paid for a breakdown on a toll road. I currently pay the RAC £114.99 for annual breakdown cover that includes europe, although maximun length is 7mtrs.

rupert123 - 2012-01-29 11:58 AM

I currently pay the RAC £114.99 for annual breakdown cover that includes europe, although maximun length is 7mtrs.

Henry,

It's not just length that is restricted, here is an extract from the RAC T&C for European cover..

The insured vehicle must also:

– be under 11 years old at the start of the journey

– have a maximum legal laden weight of 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes).

This weight is called the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)

– have maximum overall dimensions of: length 7m;

height 3m; width 2.25m (all including any load carried).

We have UK cover with the RAC thru' the C&CC 'Arrival' scheme and this lifts all restrictions for proprietary MH's.

I'm not sure if this applies to European cover but may be worth looking into.

Keith.

Britania Rescue is worth looking at, particularly if you are eligible for CSMA membership. No age limit, motorhomes up to 8m and 7,5 tonnes (larger vehicles if agreed prior to cover starting) and very reasonable, IMO, for full European cover.

I used to use Green Flag but found it by far cheaper to use Brittania Rescue, not had to use their services thankfully so have no first hand experience but they normally come out top or high in opinion surveys.

Bas

Keithl - 2012-01-29 12:31 PM

rupert123 - 2012-01-29 11:58 AM

I currently pay the RAC £114.99 for annual breakdown cover that includes europe, although maximun length is 7mtrs.

Henry,

It's not just length that is restricted, here is an extract from the RAC T&C for European cover..

The insured vehicle must also:

– be under 11 years old at the start of the journey

– have a maximum legal laden weight of 3,500kg (3.5 tonnes).

This weight is called the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM)

– have maximum overall dimensions of: length 7m;

height 3m; width 2.25m (all including any load carried).

We have UK cover with the RAC thru' the C&CC 'Arrival' scheme and this lifts all restrictions for proprietary MH's.

I'm not sure if this applies to European cover but may be worth looking into.

Keith.

I agree Keith but our van comes within all those limits anyway.

We are with Safeguard, and the Euro breakdown cover is automatically included - in fact you cannot exclude it, and by and large we have found the cost is equal to most other quotes I have had which do not include any breakdown.

In fact when we bought this motorhome, it came with the FIAT Assist breakdown as part of the FIAT warranty, and I did try to exclude the Breakdown from Safeguard, but they were unable to do so. I then looked at alternative quotes which excluded breakdown cover, and there was no significant savings!

In terms of ' size limits' there are none with this arrangement.

Archived