Some good news on parking

LordThornber

From the article..

"From this spring [visitors] will be able to make a weekend of their visit and we expect they will spend money in shops, cafes and restaurants."

Nice to see something positive being done to get funds to local businesses instead of shutting things down or doubling parking charges......well done that council.

Don't hold your breath on that one, the trial at Dawlish in Devon was ended when it was abused and that was a shame as it was not only the beach carpark it was also adjacent to a coastal rail station.

I don't think we will ever get what we want until the law changes and local councils can take effective, cheap and quick action against those that abuse the facility and not have to go through courts to get eviction notices etc. :-(

Lets hope it gets further than the propsed one at Bournemouht, which was advertised in the CC mag, then when I queried with Tourism wher it would be, it was suddenly rejected by the planners as they didnt want clientele like motorcaravanners.....says it all! Mind you they did intend to charge £20 PER NIGHT wiht no facilities!!!!!!!!

Guest 1footinthegrave
nowtelse2do - 2012-02-03 5:03 PM

Once upon a time, there were probably more Scots in Blackpool than in Scotland during the main holiday break. :-D

Dave

That's easily explained, whilst I've often seen midgets in Blackpool, I've never seen midges......... :D

1footinthegrave - 2012-02-03 5:40 PM

nowtelse2do - 2012-02-03 5:03 PM

Once upon a time, there were probably more Scots in Blackpool than in Scotland during the main holiday break. :-D

Dave

That's easily explained, whilst I've often seen midgets in Blackpool, I've never seen midges......... :D

Ah yes..!! The great Exodus *-) :-D

Dave

• 1 month later...

If anyone is feeling 'generous' they could write to Cllr Pounder at Flyde Council to say thank you to them for allowing motorohomes to park overnight ... I've done so, anyone else? -S

cllr.apounder@fylde.gov.uk :

Thanks Martyn, Good post,  Thanks Mel Great Idea,   e mail sent with Thanks, also copied and e mailed the same to Dumfries and Galloway Council, showing the Forward thinking of the Fylde Council in these Cash Strapped times to an untapped source of income.

Archived