Camping and Caravanning club web site

p0930

Robinhood - 2012-03-30 1:27 PM

Rayjsj - 2012-03-30 1:02 PM

'enables Holiday Site managers to organise the pitching and arrivals better' AH yes, now i remember why i left the C& CC now! I hate not having a Choice, I much prefere to be told ' there are 3 empty pitches, go and choose which on you want, then come back and tell us which one you are on'.

MMM, they hav'nt changed then ?

*-) Ray

....almost invariably, I find that either when I book in I have been allocated a pitch, or the "HSM" will normally direct me to an area and will always accompany me to be pitched.

....where there is space available I often get asked which area I'd like to use, and encouraged to choose a pitch.

....also almost invariably (if there are spare pitches) even with a pre-allocated pitch I get asked whether I'm happy with it, and offered alternatives.

If I didn't like what was offered, and there was a preferred alternative, I'd simply ask for it (from memory, this has only happened once or twice in over 20 years of membership, and my request has never been refused).

As an example, I booked Delamere in Cheshire for a long weekend a couple of weeks ago. The only pitch which I could get for three nights was a "Jumbo Hardstanding" - at a slight premium, so I booked it.

When we got there, the HSM charged me the standard price ("all the pitches are the same size area - we simply designate some as jumbo because they allow an overhang at the back of the pitch". The differential price is simply an anomaly of the booking system - related to "Jumbo Tent Pitch" pricing.

Whilst I'd been allocated a pitch, and was accompanied to it, the opening gambit from the HSM was that "it was a nice pitch, so let's go and look at it, but as we've got lots of space tonight, you can pitch anywhere".

Didn't need to - it was a nice pitch.

I can only speak as I find, but I really don't find any great issue.

The website is still not as good as it used to be though - though it (or my use of it) is improving.

Not really re the web site but I agree with the above by Robin.

When i arrive at any site I am looking for a pitch with a clear view to the south easter so that I can easily find Astra2 - the upside is also a nice sunny aspect!

I find that by mentioning this on arrival any warden (of either club) will try to accommodate me if possible. I would not be led to a dingy or tree obstructed pitch if there were more suitable ones free - no problems yet. Just let people know how they can help you.

Aaaarrrrggghhh!

Three hours tonight trying to find and book a site on the C&Cc website. So many errors it is unbelievable. I must have had to enter my unit details 30 or 40 times and it tells me pitches available.....then later in the booking process they aren't. Sites appear and disappear and at one point it told me there were only three sites in a County where I know there are probably 25+. In desperation I have given up and booked with our second choice, a Caravan Club site.

The C&CC must be losing a fortune over this and I wonder if their business partners in many of these sites, the local councils, realise how much money they are losing. I am told that the agreement with the land owners such as the councils, is sometimes that after operating costs the profit on the site is split with them so it is costing them, and hence us the rate payers, money. The site at Windermere that was moved from the CC to the C&CC will be losing the council a lot of money if that is operated under this arrangement. Do any of the landowners know what is going on?

I feel sorry for the small, friendly, and generally very well run Certificated sites as through no fault of their own they will be suffering due to the faulty search engine. Let's hope they do not get fed up and stop operating as that will affect us all and we will lose some lovely (and much more reasonably priced) sites.

Come on C&CC this problem with the website has gone on long enough....is no one capable of getting this sorted out? Are the managers responsible for the testing and implimentation of the website booking changes still with the club....if so is it about time they fell on their sword?

footloose - 2012-04-05 12:04 AM

Aaaarrrrggghhh!

Three hours tonight trying to find and book a site on the C&Cc website. So many errors it is unbelievable. I must have had to enter my unit details 30 or 40 times and it tells me pitches available.....then later in the booking process they aren't. Sites appear and disappear and at one point it told me there were only three sites in a County where I know there are probably 25+. In desperation I have given up and booked with our second choice, a Caravan Club site.

Footloose,

Don't even bother with the website, pick up the phone and call the bookings centre and you'll get all the info you need and make a booking in a fraction of the time. Progress? Not!

Keith.

Archived