I wish there were a thread/site for water in winter

plumbersvan

:-S When i leave hear with a full tank and an extra reserve i know (?) *-) 8-) I wont find water again until either i head towards Tulle or west to stay with friends

I use i-camping among other lists of stops and there many aires have a red face :$ which indicated no water during winter.I have found a lot of stops listed as water off to have water on,This year 8-)

Is there a site that has a list of stops where water in winter and perhaps others services are listed on or off to be updated as the many ccars on winter travels stop at the aires

JudgeMental - 2012-02-10 6:27 PM

grave yards :-D

Same story! In winter, even in nice warm places like France, it gets cold. So, because even in nice warm places like France water still freezes, sensible people turn off supplies to outside taps. Poor old Alfiona isn't suffering from a shortage of available water points, just from water points that have been turned off because it is freezing. It is just a bit foreseeable that this will happen in a cold winter. Where was the plan? This seems a recurrent theme with Alfiona. :-D

Guest Tracker
If you are running short of water, bottled water from Lidl or similar is cheap enough either in small quantities or in bulk for a refill - or dare I say it - a night on a site to empty and refill is always possible? How hard can it be?

Guest pelmetman
We found once North of Bordeaux no water 8-).......................which was better than last year we couldn't find any after Carcassone :D

plumbersvan - 2012-02-10 6:17 PM

:-S When i leave hear with a full tank and an extra reserve i know (?) *-) 8-) I wont find water again until either i head towards Tulle or west to stay with friends

I use i-camping among other lists of stops and there many aires have a red face :$ which indicated no water during winter.I have found a lot of stops listed as water off to have water on,This year 8-)

Is there a site that has a list of stops where water in winter and perhaps others services are listed on or off to be updated as the many ccars on winter travels stop at the aires

How are you able to identify via the i-campingcar website's 'red faces' that no water is available at a particular aire during winter, please? I can understand that there might be a general warning about this in an aire's Commentaires section, or a specific warning in the Observations section, but I can't see how the 'red faces' symbols will tell you this.

I would have thought that your best website for up-to-date information about service-availability during the winter would www.campingcar-infos.com as this is undoubtedly the most comprehensive of the French aires websites and gets the most updating.

Very few motorcaravanners (French or otherwise) spend the cold winter months as you are doing and, consequently, few people will be aware whether an aire's water supply is on or off, or indeed care. Of those that do tour around in winter, I suspect that the general assumption will be that any aire located in a place that normally has very cold winter weather will have its water supply turned off during the winter months. If they arrive at such an aire and find the water supply is operational then that's a bonus, but I doubt that they'd bother to post that information to a website even if they had the technical capability.

Spot on Eddie.

I've often found that garages have an outside water tap, and if it's turned off during the winter there's nearly always someone there to turn it on if you ask nicely (unlike graveyards!! 8-) 8-) )

Worth checking that it's drinking water though, or at least supplied for the mains, not the recylcled stuff they use in the car wash!

Archived