Just seen this on ebay is it a typo?

Dr Dave

Something suspicious Dr Dave, no deals whatsoever for over a year could be a very crafty way of covering some less than perfect history, and as you say ridiculously cheap. How often in life is it a case of 'if it seems too good to be true, it is'

Merle

Of the 270 sold only able to view the last 100 transactions all in the last 2 days. Could just be a typo & should be £122.

But only other item listed by him is a Triax 1.1m satellite dish at £15.95 with free P&P this dish is normally around £60-£80 again sales only in the last 2 days very suspicious.

Mel B - 2012-02-18 7:46 PM

... so why don't you report it as a fraudulent listing? *-)

I suspect if it is indeed fraudulent the 292 odd people who have purchased one will report it. i suspect that it probably should be £122.49 but the sellers lack of recent activity looks odd.

If you have been conned info from Companies House :-

HQ DISTRIBUTION LTD

ALPHA HOUSE

4 GREEK STREET

STOCKPORT

CHESHIRE

UNITED KINGDOM

SK3 8AB

Company No. 07305799

Date of Incorporation: 06/07/2010

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC):

7487 - Other business activities

Accounting Reference Date: 31/07

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/07/2011 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/04/2013

Last Return Made Up To: 06/07/2011

Next Return Due: 03/08/2012

Last Members List: 06/07/2011

Previous Names:

No previous name information has been recorded over the last 20 years.

UK Establishment Details

There are no UK Establishments associated with this company.

Oversea Company Info

There are no Oversea Details associated with this company.

And from another website (same company)

HQ Distribution LTD, is a new company, but has over 5 Years experience in online selling, our company VAT number is 122 226 089 Our company Registration is 7305799.

Copyright © 2010 HQ Designs

www.hqdistribution.co.uk

H

Oh jeeez, I should not have posted the listing which had been copied and teh text and picture used to compile the scam listing..

Hallii, that is a company selling and is legit. The spammer copied their pages, thats all. I should not have posted the link as obviously confused at least one person..

For all the doubts about ebay I am impressed. I "watched" this item and sent the seller a question on his price with both actions showing up on my account. The item has now been withdrawn and these notes have disappeared. I had sent a copy of my question to my own email A/c which is still there, obviously, but the link now indicates item removed.

Ebay must pay attention so good on them.

Brambles - 2012-02-18 10:03 PM

Oh jeeez, I should not have posted the listing which had been copied and teh text and picture used to compile the scam listing..

Hallii, that is a company selling and is legit. The spammer copied their pages, thats all. I should not have posted the link as obviously confused at least one person..

OK, well they have got a bit of free publicity anyway!

Some good bargains on their website.

That's the power of the old websternet, it can be total rubbish, but it can also provide total knowledge, it's knowing when to make that distiction betwixt the two.

H

Guest 1footinthegrave
There are a lot of dummies out there who compromise their own security on Ebay, and a lot of dodgy dealers as well listing stuff that does not exist. As is often the case if it sounds too good to be true it usually is.

Archived