download report

mrs p hancox

Hi In the main page of this web site and within one of the latest editions of mmm I notice it says you can down load and test report from within the last ten years. Great I thought mine is an Elddis autostratus 510 year 2006, I will see what is says. Buit when I tried to download report I find the option is only from 2007 which with my reconing is less than ten years can any one help.

Pam,

There are older reviews on MMM, I access them by using the main site search box above the 'Buyers Guide' link.

For info it only comes up with reviews of 2 Elddis Autostratus models, the first from 2002 of a "EB Limited" model Link and the second of a 2003 "RG" model Link.

HTH,

Keith.

spospe - 2012-02-27 7:23 PM

All the reviews are indeed there, but they are filled in date of upload order, not date of test or publication, see:.

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Motorhomes/Reviews/Motorhomes/_ch1_rc1_pg1

and the search facility is at the foot of the page.

Could you explain, please, how reports on pre-2007 motorhomes can be retrieved via the link/search facility you have provided?

I can get at the earlier stuff using Kethl's method, but not otherwise.

Thanks for the interest in the online motorhome reviews.

These are exactly as they have appeared in MMM and Which Motorhome and do indeed go back 10 (in some cases 11 years).

And yes they are being added to every month with new tests.

However, there appears to be some confusion over the dates that you can see on the reviews.

The date on the online review is the date it was posted onto the website, and not the date the review actually appeared in print.

The date a particular review was published in print can be found when you open the review - it is made clear in the opening paras which month and year a review first appeared in print.

These are all free to download, which we hope helps those in the market for a used motorhome - you can read what our reviewers thought of the motorhome when it was first launched.

In some instances there are updates and a series of tests of one particular model. There are also head to head tests now online, so you can see how one motorhome performed against a rival.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel the editor - 2012-02-28 1:02 PM

Thanks for the interest in the online motorhome reviews.

These are exactly as they have appeared in MMM and Which Motorhome and do indeed go back 10 (in some cases 11 years).

And yes they are being added to every month with new tests.

However, there appears to be some confusion over the dates that you can see on the reviews.

The date on the online review is the date it was posted onto the website, and not the date the review actually appeared in print.

The date a particular review was published in print can be found when you open the review - it is made clear in the opening paras which month and year a review first appeared in print.

These are all free to download, which we hope helps those in the market for a used motorhome - you can read what our reviewers thought of the motorhome when it was first launched.

In some instances there are updates and a series of tests of one particular model. There are also head to head tests now online, so you can see how one motorhome performed against a rival.

Hope this helps

Thanks

Daniel

Daniel

I don't believe there is confusion about dates. It's just that, if one uses the search facility that's provided with the Motorhomes Reviews part of the O&AL website, it seems to be impossible to retrieve earlier entries. As was said before in this thread, it is possible to get at the earlier stuff via the roundabout route Keithl suggests, but not (apparently) via the Motorhomes Reviews dedicated search-tool.

Taking "Elddis" models as an example, there are (as Keithl says) reviews available for a 2002 and a 2003 vehicle, but these don't seem to be accessible via the dedicated search-tool.

If I wanted to retrieve ALL reviews relating to "Elddis" models, how can I do this via the Motorhomes Reviews search-tool?

I agree with the above, there definitely seems to be something wrong, or illogical, with the search facility.

If I enter a particular year, for example, but no make or model, I get trailer caravans as well as motorhomes.

If I enter a make, say Hymer, but no year or model, I get three reviews of a 2011 B534 - 1 Which Motorhome, downloadable, 1 MMM, downloadable, 1 more Which Motorhome not downloadable but with links to WM website, which then links back to the reviews as above: two of a B544 - both 2011 model year, one downloadable (MMM), the other (Which Motorhome) not, and one of a 2009 Camp684 (not downloadable). No reviews for Hymer 'vans, apart from the C684, earlier than 2011? This seems improbable.

Besides which, if I were compiling a retrospective database of motorhome (but where do those caravans etc come from?) reviews, I think I would be strongly inclined to index it by model year of van rather than by year of publication, and definitely not by year of posting - because I would imagine those searching these reviews are likely to want to find a particular van by its year and make. Model, I would suggest, is possibly less relevant to the search, because from a given make and year there will only be a few models that were reviewed, so a specific model then easily identifiable. However, perhaps such matters will be refined as people start using the facility, which is an excellent idea, and give feedback on how useful they find it - once the present bugs are ironed out?

thank you to keithl I have now got a copy of my report. (2003)Very useful and although not the exact same model as mine (mine is french bed) It certainly has given me alot of useful reading and information relating to my model. I am glad the download quirk has been brought to the attention of the editor as I really did not find the search engine to be helpful.

Archived