CC and Dog peeing

takeaflight

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2012-03-10 7:44 PM

I don't see the problem with dogs. All you need is one of those glass bottle things they use in hospitals attached to a stick. Every time the dog clocks his leg you can catch the pee in the bottle and dispose of it later. For bitches a small potty on a stick should work.

Why does it take an old duffer like me to come up with the obvious solution?

You need to move with the times Colin *-).....................If a drip tray for ladies can get a tenner...........then my doggy nappy idea must be worth at least a fiver ;-)

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am a seciond generation Caravan Club Member, my father having joined the Club in the early sixties with a caravan when motorcaravans were certainly persona non grata. In fact I can remember the arguments as to whether motorcaravanners should be allowed into the Club.

Having said that, my father went on to own a motorhome and spent many happy years as a member of the Caravan Club until his late eighties. I loved caravanning and when we had a young family, we too bought a caravan (mid eighties) and then in 1996 we bought a motorcaravan. We have been in the CC since 1985 and have NEVER felt one iota of difference in our dealings with the club whether we have had a caravan or a motorhome. We have NEVER come across a rude warden or felt that the rules were opressive/obsessive in any way. In fact we feel the club achieves an ideal balance by ensuring that sites are regulated with a light touch for the benefit of anyone staying on them.

In our view, many supposedly top quality sites across Europe would be better for some Caravan Club efficiency, cleanliness, organisation and courtesy.

The bottom line is - you don't have to join!

As for dog peeing, we find it astonishing that people would countenance it, let alone lambast the Caravan Club for taking action against it. Ensuring it doesn't happen is basic hygiene and courtesy to other campers.

Guest pelmetman
Delfin Driver - 2012-03-10 8:20 PM

As for dog peeing, we find it astonishing that people would countenance it, let alone lambast the Caravan Club for taking action against it. Ensuring it doesn't happen is basic hygiene and courtesy to other campers.

So you don't like dogs then DD ;-)

I don't normaly bother to get involved in these spats but Francis & Grayham have overstepped the mark by insulting dog owners. First it's not only dogs that urinate on the grass but also rabbits, foxes and other wild animals. As a dog owner for the last 40years I've no doubt picked up a considerable amount of dog deposits and while doing this I also pick up a large amount of rubbish thown down by humans I dont feel the need to lambast these lazy people and clean up after them in order to keep the local area tidy as do the other dog owners that walk with us. Sadly there will always be slobby people but no amount of rules will alter their mindset it's just jobsworths making their presence felt. John.

As has been already mentioned, in "lay man's terms" ... if a dog wants to pee it will pee and there's not a lot you can do about it, if it wants to do a no 2 though, you can often stop it and it will wait until it gets to somewhere it is allowed to do it (within reason). We have been made to feel very uncomfortable on a CC site (a very popular one) when, upon arrival at the site, one of the first things we were told was to ensure we took out dogs to the dog walk to relieve themselves and not let them do it on the main site ... that included ALL of the main site ... how the heck do you do that????? Especially when all the pitches near to the dog walk were taken so it was about a 3 minute quick trot to the dog walk ... you try to stop a dog peeing first thing in a morning whilst you get there!!! Not a chance. 8-)

We were made to feel very uncomfortable about even daring to take dogs to the site and certainly felt 'guilty' when sitting on the grass of our pitch with our dogs enjoying the sunshine in case they had a pee when we weren't looking for that split second. On one occasion our 'male' dog happened to get caught short on the way to the dog walk and peed at the side of the roadway (not on anyone's pitch) ... we wished the ground would open up and swallow us!!! Needless to say we never went there again. :-(

Guest pelmetman

Reading about all this dog peeing has just reminded me. When we were in Spain earlier on this year on a site I was chatting away to a Swedish couple who had a dog and the dog cocked his leg and pee'd all down my leg!! Never laughed so much in all my life.

Hardly the end of the world, just changed my clothes, end of story.

As to the CC trying to stop dogs peeing on sites what a load of rubbish, have they never thought what goes on at night when the likes of foxes, badgers etc come out.

SUE

pelmetman - 2012-03-11 9:22 AMReading about all this dog peeing has just reminded me. When we were in Spain earlier on this year on a site I was chatting away to a Swedish couple who had a dog and the dog cocked his leg and pee'd all down my leg!! Never laughed so much in all my life.Hardly the end of the world, just changed my clothes, end of story. As to the CC trying to stop dogs peeing on sites what a load of rubbish, have they never thought what goes on at night when the likes of foxes, badgers etc come out. SUE

This thread, and this post in particular, has finally convinced me that, when people get a dog, common sense, fairness and impartiality go out of the window.

So a dog peed on your leg and it was all really good fun and you just changed your trousers and got on with it! What about your shoes, did it miraculously miss those?

What if you'd been on your way into work, or going to church and you stop to chat with a neighbour and his dog pees on your business suit? Terrific, it's all good fun! Miss the important meeting or your daughter's confirmation but who cares, it's just one big laugh having a dog piss all over you!

And do you know that occasionally a rabbit or a badger will crap on a camp site? Surely that means that it must be OK for our dogs to crap all over a campsite. Why should they be banned when we allow rabbits?

Why is it that people who continually moan about everything suddenly develop a blind spot when their precious dogs are involved?

They tell us that we don't need laws to stop dogs crapping in the street! Amazing! The laws were only introduced because stupid owners of dogs let them crap in the street. When I was younger people didn't carry little bags to pick it up, they just let their dogs crap and walked on!

Dogs should come with a warning sign: 'Beware, owning a dog can seriously addle your brain.'

They are filthy, smelly and some are dangerous creatures that occasionally maul and kill children and babies. Their faeces contains the nastiest of organisms and many cultures look on in amazement at the otherwise hygienic and civilised western world's acceptance of these disgusting baby substitutes, because that's what they appear to be for many people.

We shouldn't just ban peeing on camp sites, we should ban dogs altogether. How anyone can share a motorhome with one or more of these things is beyond me. I recently saw one woman with four dogs in a caravan. Can you imagine the smell?

The Koreans have the right idea about dogs!

Guest pelmetman
francisgraham - 2012-03-11 10:05 AMThis thread, and this post in particular, has finally convinced me that, when people get a dog, common sense, fairness and impartiality go out of the window.

So a dog peed on your leg and it was all really good fun and you just changed your trousers and got on with it! What about your shoes, did it miraculously miss those?

What if you'd been on your way into work, or going to church and you stop to chat with a neighbour and his dog pees on your business suit? Terrific, it's all good fun! Miss the important meeting or your daughter's confirmation but who cares, it's just one big laugh having a dog piss all over you!

And do you know that occasionally a rabbit or a badger will crap on a camp site? Surely that means that it must be OK for our dogs to crap all over a campsite. Why should they be banned when we allow rabbits?

Why is it that people who continually moan about everything suddenly develop a blind spot when their precious dogs are involved?

They tell us that we don't need laws to stop dogs crapping in the street! Amazing! The laws were only introduced because stupid owners of dogs let them crap in the street. When I was younger people didn't carry little bags to pick it up, they just let their dogs crap and walked on!

Dogs should come with a warning sign: 'Beware, owning a dog can seriously addle your brain.'

They are filthy, smelly and some are dangerous creatures that occasionally maul and kill children and babies. Their faeces contains the nastiest of organisms and many cultures look on in amazement at the otherwise hygienic and civilised western world's acceptance of these disgusting baby substitutes, because that's what they appear to be for many people.

We shouldn't just ban peeing on camp sites, we should ban dogs altogether. How anyone can share a motorhome with one or more of these things is beyond me. I recently saw one woman with four dogs in a caravan. Can you imagine the smell?

The Koreans have the right idea about dogs!

Hello FrancisWhat an aggressive post, probably why I don't post much on here and I am certainly not a moaner or I hope I'm not!You really ought to not get yourself so wound up you'll give yourself a heart attack.Oh well we've just got back from a lovely walk with Troy and now I am off out into the garden. Have a nice day Francis.""""" SUE """""""

pelmetman - 2012-03-11 11:16 AM Hello FrancisWhat an aggressive post, probably why I don't post much on here and I am certainly not a moaner or I hope I'm not!You really ought to not get yourself so wound up you'll give yourself a heart attack.Oh well we've just got back from a lovely walk with Troy and now I am off out into the garden. Have a nice day Francis.""""" SUE """""""

I'm glad that you're not a moaner, pity about the hubby. I'm glad that you enjoyed your walk and I hope that your mutt didn't pee on any innocent passers-by.

It's time that some of you learned that there are many people who are sick of dog owners and their selfishness. The CC comes up with a perfectly reasonable suggestion about trying to stop dogs peeing all over its sites and the hysteria generated by dog owners is unbelievable!

You shoot yourself in the foot (as well as getting it p*ssed on) by relating how, when a dog peed on you it was just a bit of a laugh!

Well that sums up the typical dog owner!

You ought to try Googling 'Dog-free sites' and see how many camp sites now advertise the fact that they do not allow dogs. Why would they turn away business? Unless of course they've had so many complaints that they made a commercial decision that more people prefer not to suffer dogs than those who actually own them.

Here's a tip for dog owners. If a club tries to impress on you that letting your dog pee all over a site is not acceptable to the majority, stop and give it a little thought!

You may well work out from many of the posts in this thread that most of us think that it's perfectly reasonable. But of course rabbits may do it in the night so it must be OK for dogs! And if a dog p*sses all over your trousers, well, it's just a good laugh isn't it!

As I said, owning a dog addles the brain!

And please don't worry about my heart, I'm as fit as the butcher's dog, preferably a Korean butcher!

francisgraham - 2012-03-11 11:42 AM

The CC comes up with a perfectly reasonable suggestion about trying to stop dogs peeing all over its sites <

Where is this suggestion from the CC specifically about dogs peeing ?

I've not heard about that from the Caravan Club ( but maybe I've missed it somewhere ).

:-|

Guest pelmetman
francisgraham - 2012-03-11 11:42 AMI'm glad that you're not a moaner, pity about the hubby. I'm glad that you enjoyed your walk and I hope that your mutt didn't pee on any innocent passers-by.

It's time that some of you learned that there are many people who are sick of dog owners and their selfishness. The CC comes up with a perfectly reasonable suggestion about trying to stop dogs peeing all over its sites and the hysteria generated by dog owners is unbelievable!

You shoot yourself in the foot (as well as getting it p*ssed on) by relating how, when a dog peed on you it was just a bit of a laugh!

You ought to try Googling 'Dog-free sites' and see how many camp sites now advertise the fact that they do not allow dogs. Why would they turn away business? Unless of course they've had so many complaints that they made a commercial decision that more people prefer not to suffer dogs than those who actually own them.

Here's a tip for dog owners. If a club tries to impress on you that letting your dog pee all over a site is not acceptable to the majority, stop and give it a little thought!

You may well work out from many of the posts in this thread that most of us think that it's perfectly reasonable. But of course rabbits may do it in the night so it must be OK for dogs! And if a dog p*sses all over your trousers, well, it's just a good laugh isn't it!

And please don't worry about my heart, I'm as fit as the butcher's dog, preferably a Korean butcher!

I've just lit the BBQ :D.................thought I'd let you know Francis...........as it'll give you something else to moan about (lol) (lol)Move over "Mr Angry of Tunbridge Wells"............. Your place has been usurped by "His Grumpiness of Cheshire" :D

francisgraham - 2012-03-11 11:42 AM
pelmetman - 2012-03-11 11:16 AM Hello FrancisWhat an aggressive post, probably why I don't post much on here and I am certainly not a moaner or I hope I'm not!You really ought to not get yourself so wound up you'll give yourself a heart attack.Oh well we've just got back from a lovely walk with Troy and now I am off out into the garden. Have a nice day Francis.""""" SUE """""""

I'm glad that you're not a moaner, pity about the hubby. I'm glad that you enjoyed your walk and I hope that your mutt didn't pee on any innocent passers-by.

francis may I suggest you get a dog it will calm you down ! ;-) I am amused though by your sweeping statements that are not backed by any factsKeep them coming :-D

There are also plenty of adult only sites so presumedly we should be banning the begetting of children as well FG.

If you've never had a dog and don't like them all I can say is you don't know what you are missing and I feel sorry for you.

May be that explains your aggressive badly adjusted personality!

How sad.

takeaflight - 2012-03-11 2:35 PMI am amused though by your sweeping statements that are not backed by any factsKeep them coming :-D

Tell me which of my statements is untrue and I'll give you the facts! I really didn't feel the need to back up everything I said as most people know them to be true! Go on, let me know which ones!

Colin Leake - 2012-03-11 3:33 PMThere are also plenty of adult only sites so presumedly we should be banning the begetting of children as well FG.If you've never had a dog and don't like them all I can say is you don't know what you are missing and I feel sorry for you.May be that explains your aggressive badly adjusted personality!How sad.

What a peculiar logic you employ! And equating dogs with children simply proves my point about how dog owners are unable to think sensibly as their views are so twisted by their devotion to their little pets!

But to believe that one's life can only be complete and fulfilled if one has a particular animal in it is probably the saddest thing of all!

If anything it proves that you have something missing in your life, that you can only fill by what I've always considered is actually a child substitute. When you see how some people treat their dogs it's just hilarious! It's like they have a baby that needs nursing!

I can assure you that my life is very full and I don't need to go out and buy a living cuddly toy to make it complete!

I was actually a bit more ambivalent about canines until this thread started, but the hysterical reaction of dog owners to what most people would consider a sensible and hygienic rule, has made me realise what an intemperate, selfish and inconsiderate bunch you are! As I said, owning a dog somehow addles the brain of many people!

Guest pelmetman
Given your opinions I doubt you've ever been married or had a significant partner then Francis? ;-).................................In theory there is someone for everyone out there................... :D

pelmetman - 2012-03-11 4:14 PMGiven your opinions I doubt you've ever been married or had a significant partner then Francis? ;-).................................In theory there is someone for everyone out there................... :D

Well, you'd be wrong as usual.

I would image that the happier the relationship with your partner, the less need to have the emotional prop of a furry baby substitute?

Perhaps all those who dote on dogs don't have a relationship that's fulfilling enough? 

Guest pelmetman
francisgraham - 2012-03-11 4:23 PM
pelmetman - 2012-03-11 4:14 PMGiven your opinions I doubt you've ever been married or had a significant partner then Francis? ;-).................................In theory there is someone for everyone out there................... :D

Well, you'd be wrong as usual.

I would image that the happier the relationship with your partner, the less need to have the emotional prop of a furry baby substitute?

Perhaps all those who dote on dogs don't have a relationship that's fulfilling enough? 

Oh goody you've come back to play :D.......................First things first Francis....Why do you not give anything away about yourself............No pictures.........No background details.........Just hearsay?....Your starting to sound like a Troll ;-)

Francis

“As for all these rules, what are they? Whenever I've checked in on a site no one has ever shown me a list of rules, or asked me to sign a contract regarding my behaviour “

http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/802917/caravanclubbyelaws.pdf

My understanding is a new leaflet will be given out on arrival, this may of course only apply to

dog owners.

francis

“I am puzzled by the comment that we pay to be members. What has that got to do with the debate about the club offering insurance, ferry bookings and other services? You don't have to accept them and I have found at least one of the services offered to be of use to me. 

I would also think that the fact that we are paid members makes the practice more acceptable, as opposed to Tesco et al who bombard us with offers after we've simply shopped in their stores.”

Tesco you don't pay to be a member.

francis

“Should we abandon speed limits or thousands of other laws”

I don't believe anyone suggested there should not be rules and law's

francis

“But what is quite hilarious is the hysteria generated amongst dog owners. I can find no reference to this rule anywhere but why does everyone take it so literally? “

From the posts it would appear you are the only one demonstrating any form of hysteria, spend five minutes researching,, before posting and you may find that the fouling rule is a fact.

I have posted a link to another forum.

francis

“No one is going to be thrown off the site or publicly whipped, it's about sending a message to those irresponsible dog owners who seem to think that it's acceptable for their animals to urinate anywhere on the site. “

The dog owners have all posted that they do not and would not allow their dog to urinate on others people property or pitches.

francis

“And from the majority of the posts above this rule would seem to find favour with many people, except of course dog owners, and what does that tell you about some of them? “

Read the posts, theres actually only 1

francis

“As for your new conspiracy theory about closing dog walks so as to have more pitches why would they do that? Surely a 'corporation' would just ban dogs? They're going to upset the dog owners anyway by banning dog walking areas so why not go the whole hog and just ban dogs?

It must be quite clear to you from the posts in this thread that the vast majority of people would favour a rule that encourages dog owners to try to stop their dogs from urinating just anywhere”

No one suggested it was a theory, but the fact is that if dog walks where closed, then there would be a cost advantage, and once again no dog owner as suggested that dogs should be allowed to pee anywhere.

Anyway I could go on about posts that are more about fiction and bluster, rather than based on fact, but I can't be bothered.

Are you any relation to francis of assisi ?

He preached fiction rather than fact

Simples ;-)

takeaflight - 2012-03-11 4:45 PMFrancis“As for all these rules, what are they? Whenever I've checked in on a site no one has ever shown me a list of rules, or asked me to sign a contract regarding my behaviour “http://www.caravanclub.co.uk/media/802917/caravanclubbyelaws.pdf My understanding is a new leaflet will be given out on arrival, this may of course only apply todog owners.francis“I am puzzled by the comment that we pay to be members. What has that got to do with the debate about the club offering insurance, ferry bookings and other services? You don't have to accept them and I have found at least one of the services offered to be of use to me. I would also think that the fact that we are paid members makes the practice more acceptable, as opposed to Tesco et al who bombard us with offers after we've simply shopped in their stores.”Tesco you don't pay to be a member. francis“Should we abandon speed limits or thousands of other laws”I don't believe anyone suggested there should not be rules and law's francis“But what is quite hilarious is the hysteria generated amongst dog owners. I can find no reference to this rule anywhere but why does everyone take it so literally? “From the posts it would appear you are the only one demonstrating any form of hysteria, spent five minutes researching, I have posted a link to another forum, before posting and you may find that the fouling rule is a fact.francis“No one is going to be thrown off the site or publicly whipped, it's about sending a message to those irresponsible dog owners who seem to think that it's acceptable for their animals to urinate anywhere on the site. “The dog owners have all posted that they do not and would not allow their dog to urinate on others people property or pitches.francis“And from the majority of the posts above this rule would seem to find favour with many people, except of course dog owners, and what does that tell you about some of them? “Read the posts, theres actually only 1francis“As for your new conspiracy theory about closing dog walks so as to have more pitches why would they do that? Surely a 'corporation' would just ban dogs? They're going to upset the dog owners anyway by banning dog walking areas so why not go the whole hog and just ban dogs?It must be quite clear to you from the posts in this thread that the vast majority of people would favour a rule that encourages dog owners to try to stop their dogs from urinating just anywhere”No one suggested it was a theory, but the fact is that if dog walks where closed, then there would be a cost advantage, and once again no dog owner as suggested that dogs should be allowed to pee anywhere.Anyway I could go on about posts that are more about fiction and bluster, rather than based on fact, but I can't be bothered.Are you any relation to francis of assisi ? He preached fiction rather than fact Simples ;-)

What are you one about? There isn't one fact in that lot that is untrue!

pelmetman - 2012-03-11 4:34 PM 
 Oh goody you've come back to play :D.......................First things first Francis....Why do you not give anything away about yourself............No pictures.........No background details.........Just hearsay?....Your starting to sound like a Troll ;-)

I'm glad I'm making you happy for a change. I'm stuck at home with a broken finger. Normally I'd be on the nearest hills at weekend so I thought I'd amuse myself on here. It should be fun when all the dog lovers log on this evening!

I once read that if you have an Internet debate with someone and they end up accusing you of being a troll that they've run out of coherent argument and you've won!

Most people on here have no hard information, what's so special about me that you think I should tell you my life story? Some of us have jobs or professions where expressing our private opinions in public would be deleterious to ourselves and even others. If I were a school teacher for instance, parents may not like some of my views and that can lead to problems. Is that so hard to understand?

Guest pelmetman
francisgraham - 2012-03-11 5:06 PMI'm glad I'm making you happy for a change. I'm stuck at home with a broken finger. Normally I'd be on the nearest hills at weekend so I thought I'd amuse myself on here. It should be fun when all the dog lovers log on this evening!

I once read that if you have an Internet debate with someone and they end up accusing you of being a troll that they've run out of coherent argument and you've won!

I think your getting confused with Hitler Francis...........Is it the Goodwin theory?........I'm just guessing as I can't be a**ed to Google the answer :DAs for having a job where you can't be your real self............b****r that for a game of soldiers *-).........I might be shallow.......I might be thick.......But at least I don't have to pretend to be someone else ;-)

Sorry, when I said 'Is that so hard to understand' I'd forgotten I was responding to you.

Of course you don't have to worry about disclosing your identity, you're an unemployed pelmet maker! Who cares what you say!

As I said, you've run out of argument (not that you ever had much anyway) and now you're getting personal.

What breed is a troll anyway? Long haired or short!

Guest pelmetman
francisgraham - 2012-03-11 5:31 PMSorry, when I said 'Is that so hard to understand' I'd forgotten I was responding to you.

Of course you don't have to worry about disclosing your identity, you're an unemployed pelmet maker! Who cares what you say!

As I said, you've run out of argument (not that you ever had much anyway) and now you're getting personal.

What breed is a troll anyway? Long haired or short!
Well there's a first (lol).............you accusing me of getting personal 8-)..........But I do wonder at your love of the establishment ...................are planning on becoming an MP Francis?

Archived