Has anyone used a GPS for MORE than 12 months?

plumbersvan

Both Garmin and TomTom make various models, with various features. A number take SD, or microSD, cards.

There is only one way to do this. Visit the Garmin, and TomTom websites, and browse through their various models looking for the features you want. Write down the model numbers. Then search the internet for sellers of those specific models.

Looking at the price before you have worked out what features you want, is about as helpful as playing "pinning the tail on the donkey"!

plumbersvan, you have trashed american people, what you describe as "idiots" and what you call fat people for having the audacity to eat pizza.

If I put Toulose in my TomTom it would have difficulty in finding it, because it does not exist.

However if I put Toulouse in it would probably help me in my travels.

Please don't offend people before looking at yourself! (lol)

Tin hat on.

colin - 2012-03-17 12:49 PM

Rayjsj - 2012-03-17 10:59 AM

Don't like the latest models as they no longer appear to have 'Upgradable' memory cards, am I wrong ?

TomTom have a range of models for different users, some have card slot.

I am glad about that, with the need for more and more memory capacity it only makes sense to be able to upgrade without having to buy a 'newer' model. (mind you from a 'marketing' point of view....perhaps not). Ray ;-)

and Brian, the donkey would probably know his way home anyway, without a GPS, and they find it hard to operate the 'Touchscreen'.

The reason i chose tom tom in place of garmin was ease of adding pois,saddly the new tom tow has no memory or not enough to add those i have :-(

My comments about the tom tom for Americans was taken from the US tom tom site and altered by a tom tom forum :-D

Pizza was once something enjoyable today its largely a poor quality bread base containing fat cheese which has no dairy products :'( tomato puree which is made in China without tomatoes but very strong taste pizza to a price,in Italy a nice pizza can still be found *-)

Have you ever been to Orange county?While there i was amazed how large humans can be grown 8-)

When traveling to from or about the US normal size beings are today forced to travel business class :-D B-)

Had a Garmin, then changed to TomTom, and on balance prefer the latter.

Sometimes things do change a little when updating, but in general pretty much Ok, as long as you do not totally rely on them. There are often cases when TT says turn left or right, and when yoou approach the turn-off you just know you dont want to go on that route...call it 6th sense or what.SO I just keep driving, even though for the next mile or two it tellsme to do a u-turn.....It sometimes does tell me to go on non existent roads, or across fields but you get used to ignoring that!

certainly it is important to make sure what route you want it to take,and one we find very useful in France is to avoid toll roads...and egnerally the time differential is very little, as on Fast roads we do not keep to the expected high average spped, whilst on ordinary roads we can at least keep up if not sometime beat them.

incidentally i NEVER use the option of shortest route when in the motorhome! Correct information being input is also most important. Sometime difficult in Fracne unless you know the counrty numbering system as nearly area has many same named towns!

Archived