tow bar for Burstner t-star 710

Brian Peters

Hi all, does anyone know if i can get a tow bar fitted to a Burstner t-star 710 (2005 model). the model has a large overhang from Mercedes Chassis, for the garage section, to the rear bumper. The extended chassis seems quite flimsy so i presume you could not fix a tow bar box section to this?

Any advice will be most grateful, oh, and if anyone can suggest an installer better still.

thanks in advance

Brian.

Hi Brian,

Our 2004 AutoTrail is based on a MWB Merc and we had a towbar fitted by TowTal at Stoke-on-Trent.

It extends forwards to pick up on the mounting points on the original Merc chassis then has 2 uprights which are bolted to the chassis extensions to support the rear.

All in all it is an excellent piece of design and manufacturing but unfortunately was let down by a poor paint finish, see half way down this thread for more details... Link.

If you could get an alternative paint finish then I would thoroughly recommend them.

Keith.

Brian,

I don't know whether this applies to older vehicles but Al-Ko produce their own towbars for their chassis extensions.

Have a look on their website for more info... Link.

But I still think your best option may be to contact someone like Towtal.

Keith.

Brian Peters - 2012-03-30 2:00 PM

thanks for response Keith, i think i have an alko extended chassis and have read somewhere if it is drilled into you will lose your warranty on it?. Is this correct?

Hi Brian

An Al-ko chassis extension is a good start, AFAIA thay are all predrilled for Towbar mounting.

Have a look at the Watling website,(94/20EC Type Approved Motorhome Towbars)

There is a diagram with dimension options, which you can complete & submit.

http://www.watling-towbars.co.uk/alko_chassis_motorhome_towbars.html

Archived