big payload. which van?

Barryd999

Thinking of replacing our kontiki 640 which as a payload of about 700kg which is enough (just) to take our rack and scooter.

Ideally I want a rear lounge and the options are limited. Would have another kontiki but the payloads on the newer ones seem much less unless you know different.

The two big Euramobil vans 770 and 810 have rear lounges and good payload but they are like hens teeth.

Budget between £30-£36k so a few years old I guess. Maybe more for the right van if necessary.

Ive been half looking for over a year now and never come across anything. Don't want a trailer so rear end payload is crucial

Any ideas you clever lot?

Hi Barry,

How about an Auto-Trail Cheyenne?

Our's is not a rear lounge but there are rear lounge models out there, but what you will need is the Merc chassis.

Then they have a quoted unladen mass of circa 3,000kg and a MAM of 3,800kg so just what you need.

All I'd recommend is rear air suspension to level the MH with your scooter on the back.

Download a brochure from the AT website Link for say 2004 and have a look. I know there are several for sale at the moment if you look on fleabay for example.

HTH,

Keith.

Edit, Try looking at a 2004 634L or 634U.

Barryd999 - 2012-04-05 9:56 PM

Thinking of replacing our kontiki 640 which as a payload of about 700kg which is enough (just) to take our rack and scooter.

Ideally I want a rear lounge and the options are limited. Would have another kontiki but the payloads on the newer ones seem much less unless you know different.

The two big Euramobil vans 770 and 810 have rear lounges and good payload but they are like hens teeth.

Budget between £30-£36k so a few years old I guess. Maybe more for the right van if necessary.

Ive been half looking for over a year now and never come across anything. Don't want a trailer so rear end payload is crucial

Looks like the more recent Kontikis have plenty of payload. This version available from late 2006 and would start at £40+ so may be just too high??

Overall Length (Excluding Ladder) * 8.56m —

Overall Width (Mirrors Folded) 2.35m —

Overall Height 2.98m —

Maximum Technical Permissable Laden Mass (A) 5,000kg —

Mass in Running Order (B) 4,135kg —

Maximum User Payload (A-B) 865kg —

Essential Habitation 9kg —

Thermal Insulation Grade Three —

Maximum Recommended Trailer Weight 1,600kg —

Gross Train Weight 6,000kg —

649 Low Line 150 MJT

Bed Sizes Length Width Length Width

Front Double 2.13m 1.38m — —

Rear Double 2.13m 1.40m — —

Rear Nearside Single 1.93m 0.73m — —

Rear Offside Single 1.88m 0.73m — —

bolero boy - 2012-04-07 9:21 AM

Looks like the more recent Kontikis have plenty of payload. This version available from late 2006 and would start at £40+ so may be just too high??

Overall Height 2.98m —

649 Low Line 150 MJT

Thanks

Is that the big tag axle one? I haven't seen them for under £50k but I'm hopeless at models and the different ranges.

I love the look of the big tag kontiki. I just wish they had a normal size one with a big payload.

On mhf somebody said we should actually downsize to a PVC some of which have huge payloads apparently. I'm just not sure you could full or part time in one. I like the idea though of being able to fly around mountain passes etc a bit easier in something smaller I just think it would drive us bonkers space wise.

Maybe we need to up the budget. This involves convincing the chancellor which is never an easy task

flicka - 2012-04-07 10:23 PM

One 2003 Euramobil A Class 810 EB 2.8 JTD, tag axle £35k at Oaktree, Notts, NG16 2HH (01159 303140)

http://www.omcmotorhomes.co.uk/

Or further away

2004 Euramobil Integra 810 HB tag axle on 4500kg chassis. again £35k

http://www.motorhomesforsale.co.uk/motorhomes/eura-mobil/eura-mobil-integra-810-hb-cs424314.aspx

but weblink has box to “Make an offer”

Thanks but they dont have the rear lounge. I have been is a few tag axles that have this raised bed above a big garage and they might be much longer than our current van but have much less day time space. There is a Kontiki 669 at Oak Tree that fits the bill perfectly but its just too new and too expensive (maybe)

Barryd999 - 2012-04-07 12:37 PM

bolero boy - 2012-04-07 9:21 AM

Overall Height 2.98m —

649 Low Line 150 MJT

Thanks

Is that the big tag axle one? I haven't seen them for under £50k but I'm hopeless at models and the different ranges.

I love the look of the big tag kontiki. I just wish they had a normal size one with a big payload.

On mhf somebody said we should actually downsize to a PVC some of which have huge payloads apparently. I'm just not sure you could full or part time in one. I like the idea though of being able to fly around mountain passes etc a bit easier in something smaller I just think it would drive us bonkers space wise.

Maybe we need to up the budget. This involves convincing the chancellor which is never an easy task

You need the Kontiki 649 or Bessacarr E799 for the rear lounge models.

Try this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bessacarr-E799-SAVE-over-22-000-on-new-price-3300-miles-4-berth-IMMACULATE-/270936112914?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item3f150cff12

Yes either the Kontiki 649 or Bessacarr E799 look ideal but they appear to be too new and therefore too expensive. Even if I could persuade mrs d to part with that much cash would te depreciation be a lot? Then again we may keep it ten years or more.

Archived