CCC website still useless, anyone ?

Guest 1footinthegrave

Guest 1footinthegrave

Any one else being driven nuts by CCC's website, if so I urge them to let them know, possibly via their useless website. my jottings to them just sent below.

Hello, quite frankly the clubs website is at best infuriating, and at worst just plain useless. Why oh why when I have attempted to search for a site in "Snowdonia" the result comes back no results found. These kind of problems are being discussed on various internet forums. This is the second time I personally have written to the club, and the promised improvements have yet to materialize. Quite frankly the website as far as many members are concerned is not fit for purpose. I look forward to an early reply, kind regards.

1Foot,

I gave up on the website earlier in the year, I do have a look every now and then to see if anything has improved but hold out little hope!

I spoke to the HSM at a C&CC site last weekend and they too are infuriated by the new website.

If I want to find availability or book a site then I phone the bookings number as they seem to be able to cope with the system.

Come on C&CC, FIX IT!

Keith.

I hope they are not paying their Web designers.

I tried for two weeks to book a campsite and ended up phoning the site who tried to use the sysyem to book me in but failed. They had to phone me back and I just got the last pitch available.

I have threatened to cancel my membership over it.

I don't think they are quaking in their boots. :-S

I hope they are not paying their Web designers.

I tried for two weeks to book a campsite and ended up phoning the site who tried to use the sysyem to book me in but failed. They had to phone me back and I just got the last pitch available.

I have threatened to cancel my membership over it.

I don't think they are quaking in their boots. :-S

Yes, it's a real shame about the website. We stayed at some super CCC sites on a tour just before Easter. Warm welcome at every one too!.

But like others, I'm deeply frustrated by the 'new' website. Why oh why can't you quickly research campsites in a locality, like on the previous version? I really liked the old website. Now you have to delete the 'date required', enter the 'type of unit', then enter the 'length' and 'width', having first selected 'meters' or 'feet' - EVERY time!! And only THEN can you click on what is a much-reduced size Google map, after scrolling to the bottom of the page. Hardly progress - ridiculous in fact. A seriously retrograde step and very unfortunate in my opinion.

I must send another note to the Club on the subject.

.... and now ( slightly off the topic ) they have removed the little map headers in the list of THS's in the magazine so now, instead of a blink of an eye revealing the area listed one has to search for and then read the headings........ and guess exactly where, e.g. 'The South' starts and ends and where it becomes 'Central'; and is Brean Sands in 'The South or 'The West Country' etc. ............

I have a saying which is unfortunately , used more and more often these days ..........

" People Are Idiots." >:-(

Harvey

I am posting a copy of an email I have just sent to C&CC. I fully endorse all the comments on this thread. If enough members complain and threaten not to renew membership they may well waken up to the disaster which the "new" site actually is.

"Your " new improved" website is a disaster. You have lost many of the useful features of the old system and I am struggling to see how it is in any way better. The capability to view 2 months ahead for sites and the quick change to alternative sites nearby was a great feature. Also the old website would remember vehicle size details.

I am not alone in my complaints, see MMM forum for a wide range of complaints."

What is amazing is how on earth the launch of this new website got signed off, both at the design and testing stages, by the CCC management when it is so obviously drastically inferior to the old website. Why does it take so long to fix it and then they treat any communication from the members with disdain and just ignore it. Completely incompetent management but no one at the CCC will do anything about it.

We have just booked our main holdays and a lot of weekends for this year and gave up with the CCC and eventually did not book a single CCC site. All sites were Caravan Club or independent.

footloose - 2012-04-21 11:09 PM

What is amazing is how on earth the launch of this new website got signed off, both at the design and testing stages, by the CCC management when it is so obviously drastically inferior to the old website. Why does it take so long to fix it and then they treat any communication from the members with disdain and just ignore it. Completely incompetent management but no one at the CCC will do anything about it.

We have just booked our main holdays and a lot of weekends for this year and gave up with the CCC and eventually did not book a single CCC site. All sites were Caravan Club or independent.

Couldn't agree more with the first paragraph and we've done the same with regards to booking our main holiday. The Caravan Club must be laughing all the way to the bank.

I booked the Leek site on-line, after nearly losing my patience and the will to live.

On arrival last week, the HSM read out what I had booked, which was correct, apart from that I had booked "a narrow pitch". What on earth is a narrow pitch, I never saw that anywhere? Oh, she said, it means you haven't indicated that you want an awning. Well, I never saw any mention during the booking process about awning space, so this must be something else which is part of the "improvements".

It really isn't good enough, I can't understand why it's still rubbish, after months of problems.

I too liked the previous version much better, where it allowed you to see what the availability was on the calendar for the dates you had input, it was all much clearer, and neither did you have to input all your details over and over again, it's a nightmare.

Ina.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks,

Has anyone tried the C&CC website site finder lately?

If not then you may be pleasantly surprised at the latest offering. It now has a map which you can scroll and zoom to the relevant area, set any preferences, and then double click on the map to reveal the results of your search.

It really does seem to be rather good and if bookings can be made as easy (I have not tried yet) then they have finally succeeded in getting a good system up and running.

Try it and report back...

Keith.

Just gave it a quick test for tunnel. Although it may have improved they are not listening to comments sent to them.

Vehicle registration number, which I understand and then "Year of Registration", what's that got to do with it?

Date of birth of travellers. Why?

Unfortunately what they fail to realise is that I can go direct to the carrier and get a price without all this needless trivia so can see that they are only gathering info for marketing rather than keeping it simple.

Not only useless it's very misleading and I have told them so. >:-(

The story goes like this: having left the club for several years because of their deposit/booking/refund rules we decided to give it another go this year. We were pleased to see in the new rules that now deposits can be returned if you cancel a booking with sufficient notice so we made a booking. So far so good. We carried out a search and it returned a Forest Holidays site in the Forest of Dean. We decided to book this site only to be directed to another page dealing with Forest Holiday sites, this we used and booked. Nearer the time with most sites waterlogged we decided to cancel and find a site with hard standings only to find that the rules for Forest Holidays don't allow the refund of deposits. >:-)

The clubs conditions of booking make no mention of the fact that they do not apply to bookings for Forest Holidays. In the end we did get our money back because the site was waterlogged and not taking Motorhomes. :-S

Edit: and yes when you book with Forest Holidays you tick a box to say you have read all 8 pages of conditions. These pages contain no "last updated" information meaning you are expected to read all 8 pages every time you book. Even if you are making sequential bookings and one is ever going to do that. I have asked that the clubs conditions clarify that they do not apply to Forest Holidays.

footloose - 2012-04-22 12:09 AMWhat is amazing is how on earth the launch of this new website got signed off, both at the design and testing stages, by the CCC management when it is so obviously drastically inferior to the old website.

I don't think it's really all that amazing, management regard testing and trials as a waste of time and worse they take the word of the web designers because they don't want to look like they know nothing about web design.

I've seen it so many times, once you have become familiar with a companys web site they change it, for no aparent reason apart from generating more income for the web design firm, it's a con and the only amazing thing is how many firms get caught.

If change really is necessary the obvious thing to do is to change 'one thing at a time' release that version and make sure that nothing else has been messed up.

Losos - 2012-05-15 1:05 PM

[i don't think it's really all that amazing, management regard testing and trials as a waste of time and worse they take the word of the web designers because they don't want to look like they know nothing about web design.

When I spoke to them on the subject I made the point that among the membership of the club there must be a vast number of people, both working and retired, with the right skills and experience who would be prepared to give up some of their time to assist the club management , either as consultants or even to project manage major programmes. What a waste not to use the available resources, after all it is supposed to be a club and it's club funds that are being wasted.

Not exactly sure which bit of the web site is sposed to be a problem.

I just clicked me mouse thingie on the map set the radius to 30miles unclicked listed sites and forest sites and hey presto all the sites came up. ..... now the problem refered to could be on another bit of the web site but the bit I needed to use worked ok. In fact better in some respects than the CC site as every time you view details of a site from "search by map" then go back to map results the damned thing loses all your current search .... now that is annoying 8o|

Guest 1footinthegrave
Yes, what you have found is the website has had a design makeover following many complaints. So the map seach is back, together with other improvements, good on them I say for listening to members concerns. For others who have been frustrated go back and give the site a go, it is a vast improvement on how it was just a couple of weeks ago. ;-)

Ahh that explains it then..........I thought it was just that I was very clever with things of computery thechnical nature and you lot were just a bunch of winging thickos complaining about nothing :-D

It seems that this is not the case and there was a problem that is now fettled :-D

Archived