Swift 679 advice

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

A couple of Kiwi' s on site here in Benidorm on a 2 year trip, they have a 2010 kontiki 679.

chap was wondering why high level light drivers side (opposite of one pictured) was not working, when he removed light there was no cable....Now before he starts drilling cable routes or whatever! I said I would ask on here first on their behalf

They are lovely people, so maybe a swift "expert" can advise before he starts to destroy rear right hand side of an expensive camper*-)

told them about this site and they said not bloomin likely! they had been pre warned before coming over! ( Joke....honestly :-D)

SWIFT.jpg.02fe431c6f259aaf1a9474b4759f7ca6.jpg

25952045_kontiki679.jpg.ee7e0189f15cc9681aba4e1d0003bd15.jpg

Hi Judge,

If you look at the Sargent Electrical wiring diagram for 2010 Swift Group MH's it clearly shows wiring for both N/S and O/S marker lights. Link.

If you look at the first page of the link then the only thing I am unsure of is whether these lights are numbers L11 to L14 or L20 to L23. If you look at the iwring colours to the N/s you should vbe able to work out which they are.

So, in short, YES I believe it should be wired up and working. Perhaps the fitter dropped the wire down the back of the panel and couldn't be *rsed to retrieve it?

HTH,

Keith.

Guest JudgeMental
Keithl - 2012-05-01 12:43 PM

Perhaps the fitter dropped the wire down the back of the panel and couldn't be *rsed to retrieve it?

HTH,

Keith.

You think?....what on a Swift....surely not! :D

chap wants to fish a new cable down to rear quarter light , drill hole and seal up after wards. no obvious cable route :-S

Surely a 2010 model is still under warranty! Why not get a dealer to fix it? Or are there not any in the area :-(

Just as an aside, it is a legal requirement that all lights, other than fog, are mounted (and working!) as pairs. So how did the MH get through it's PDI?

It will also fail a UK MOT without it working (that is if the tester spots it).

Keith.

Edit. The way you replied would I be right in thinking there is no hole drilled behind the suspect light for wiring?

Guest Tracker
Pending resolution it might be better just to remove the bulb from the other side and let a Swift dealer sort it out under warranty - when they find one that is any good!

Guest JudgeMental

We are down in Spain. and they are not intending to return to UK for foreseeable future...... maybe cable fell down, there is a hole.

Main worry is being stopped, does not want to give police any excuse....

Guest Tracker

Fair comment Eddie but if both sides are not working who will know that the lights are not just orange reflectors - apart from that how often do they drive at night - plus it's been like it for two years now and nobody had noticed before - so why would they notice now?

On the other hand if access is available and the cable is already there somewhere, and the right connector is to hand, I suppose it's as good a way as any of passing a warm spring afternoon!

EDIT - Just a thought - have they emailed the Swift factory for advice on how best to proceed??

Guest JudgeMental

I had passed on your advice...seemd sound to me.Chap has managed to get a new bit of cable down to main rear cluster. Astonishingly chap informs me that lighting not covered in swift warranty..on a £60-70 grand van! :-|

warm? well its 27 deg C and another beautiful day down here!.....only a week to go though *-)

Archived