"Screw Thread" Awning pegs...

snobbyafghan

I recently bought a second hand awning and the main pegs have a screw thread/spiral on them. I haven't encountered these before.

Are they meant to actually be screwed into the ground? Or do you just bash them in as normal - the thread just being there to give enhanced grip..?

Also, are they any good in hard-standings or will i need to buy a set of rock pegs as well?

Thanks

Doug

ps - although I'm now a tugger, I know from when I had an mh that this forum gets a lot more replies than the caravan one so I hope I haven't upset anyone by posting here.

As IPS said, Just bash 'em in. The 'thingy' is for getting them out, depending on how well they're holding you may need to twist them a bit at the same time. As regards hard standing, they will be ok on some and not so good on others, it depends on what's underneath. I've encountered quite a few sites with a flint sub base, the fun is in finding a way between the big bits you cant see!! Rock pegs tend to be longer, but if they're like mine in the recent winds, they don't hold so well. Screw pegs are good but do need a drill to put them in and to get them out. Good luck!  Merle

They're just meant to be hammered in - the 'shallow thread' bit is just there to give some extra grip.

The 'gubba' screw in ones really do look like overgrown screws and the 'thread' bit is very much more obvious than those.

Archived