Tranquil Touring Parks

We're off for a quick week's tour of Scotland on Sunday. My wife's never been there so it's a recce prior to returning for a longer stay sometime.

Not the best week to choose, of course and it's taken quite a lot of browsing of CC and C&CC websites etc. and phoning to find places with space each night.

The first night somewhere near Manchester/M6 was the main problem, until a lady with a CL suggested Lamb Cottage near Northwich. It's very expensive, but looks nice (anyone know it?) and beggars can't be choosers.

I now see that it's a member of Tranquil Touring Parks which have quite a few sites around England and Wales. It's new to me, but does anyone have experience of them?

Hi there John, we have used a few of these Touring Parks, they are predominately "adult only" and we have found them very good. Obviously they will not suit everyone but are fairly reasonably priced.with good facilities. In fact we will be staying at one in Somerset in mid June for 2 nights on our way to Cornwall. You will find them up and down the country --- give one a try!

Dick

Have a look at the website http://www.adultstouring.co.uk/index.htm

Because it's the Jubilee weekend they are premium rates so we're paying £26 for 2 adults. It's a lot and I've had better offers/ideas since from fellow forum members, but we had to take it and pay up front having made dozens of phone calls and online attempts to find a pitch.

WhiteCheyenneMan - 2012-05-30 11:02 PM

Because it's the Jubilee weekend they are premium rates so we're paying £26 for 2 adults. It's a lot and I've had better offers/ideas since from fellow forum members, but we had to take it and pay up front having made dozens of phone calls and online attempts to find a pitch.

Wow £26pn sorry if this seems like advertising but we have space for weekend at £6pn (no elec) and our CS is as tranquil as you can possibly get. 1m off M6 in lancashire.

Guest pelmetman
RogerC - 2012-05-31 10:01 AM
pelmetman - 2012-05-30 9:27 PMJust out interst..........how much does tranquilty cost per night ;-)

Tranquility is priceless.......hehe

Apparently not Roger ;-) ............between 6 & 26 quid is the answer :D

ips - 2012-05-31 11:13 AM
WhiteCheyenneMan - 2012-05-30 11:02 PM

Wow £26pn sorry if this seems like advertising but we have space for weekend at £6pn (no elec) and our CS is as tranquil as you can possibly get. 1m off M6 in lancashire.

#ugger, now you tell me *-)

How would I have found you (Online?) if I didn't specifically know your site?

WhiteCheyenneMan - 2012-05-31 6:00 PM

C&CC website (useless)

John,

Sorry but I have to disagree now with it's latest incarnation.

Have you tried the sitefinder lately as it is now probably the easiest to use on the web.

You click on the UK map on the hompage, select an option if you desire (eg CS) zoom in to your chosen area and double click on the map.

Then all the local sites appear as pushpins, that's all there is to it!

You don't have to book through their website, we phone the contact centre, it's far easier.

Keith.

Guest Tracker

Just to put it in perspective -

£26 or about 30 Euros is more or less what we spent on Aires in three weeks of touring France last year and we never had a disturbed or noisy night on any of 'em!!

What price a tranquil location indeed!

I agree Keithl.............today! But it wasn't so smooth on Sunday, probably because of the quatity of traffic on the site. But if you type in 'Two Oaks' for example, it comes up as one of the options but won't search for it and those around it...........or is it me? I find the CC site much easier, especially for online booking, but even that is not without it's problems.

And, yes, Tracker, give me Aires and Stellplatz anytime in terms of value for money. Having said that, we got caught this time trying to find somewhere for the Jubilee weekend at short notice. In the end I grabbed the first available pitch...............and paid for it!!

Having said that, we got caught this time trying to find somewhere for the Jubilee weekend at short notice. In the end I grabbed the first available pitch...............and paid for it!!

Doh ... ;-)

Archived