Luxembourg

Caddies104

Hi

If anyone is looking for a nice site near the centre of Luxembourg (6.5km) then " Bon Accueil" Alzingen is worth a visit.

It has very clean toilet and showers, a bar, Supermarket within 300 yards. Bus stop outside, No 192.

Has a dedicated Bicycle route from site straight into city centre, around 10km.

It's an Acsi site costing 12 Euro with elec. hook up and free Wi-Fi (bargain)

We arrived on Friday lunchtime, and was full by the night, so get there early if around the weekend or book up. Pitches are a good size, ours is 10yds x 16yds deep. Grassed level pitches,

Hope this helps

Derek & Pauline

Had a look at website http://www.camping-alzingen.lu/en/ and also google earth and does look like a nice campsite and location. Shall add to my list as usually end up passing Luxemburg at some point each summer. Always wanted to have a proper look at Luxembourg city itself but never found a decent campsite nearby. Many thanks for posting info. Usually stay at Remich or Wasserbillig so be nice to have a change.

Jon

• 1 month later...
Hi,
Have to agree lovely site, so also is (Kockelscheuer) a little closer to the city and also has all above and also a ACSI 12 euro a night site,
Met some lovely people from the Autotrail UK on a rally en route to Germany a few weeks back.Good time was had by all as the pavillion is great for get to-gethers in the evenings.
Regards,
Brendan

Agree - I stayed for a night a few weeks ago & it was very good - clean facilities, friendly staff & a good location. I will return to explore Luxembourg city.

Also a plus, just down the road is a Garage with diesel at €1.19/litre & if you are a smoker cheap cigs & a good range of cut flowers. (We were en-route to friends in Tubingen, Wadworths 6X for him, flowers for her!)

Archived