Fridge problems

Hi everyone.

I recently put a solar panel onto our Hymer B544, using the correct solar regulator. A Schaudt LR 1218 wired to an Electrobloc EBL 101. The control panel is a Schaudt DT101. Everything works fine except for the fridge, which is a Dometic RM 7655L model with AES. The fridge works perfectly ok on gas, but when I turn it onto 12 volt and start the engine, the fridge panel makes a loud buzzing sound and also the green light just flashes. Sorry to be so long winded, but has anyone any suggestions please :-D

Hi

Cannot figure that one out, as the Solar charge should only go to the battery, therefore it would be just the same as using a Mains battery charger or your "Zig" type unit.?

One thought? Is the solar charge unit putting out an "Over-voltage". this might make the frig complain (alarm?) about a too high voltage? Charger units CAN put out voltages as high as 15+ and more IF wrongly set up?

pete

Hi ,
You say it happens when you start your Motorhome, Disconnect the solar panel and see will the relay buzz when you start your Motorhome now,if it does replace your relay,then re check all wiring on your solar system.
Regards,
Brendan

What year is your Hymer? I ask because in 2008 Hymer changed the wiring to AES fridge, with the original wiring when switched manually to 12v the fridge will only run when the engine is running. They are now wired so when switched to manually to 12v without the engine running they take power from the leisure battery.

With the EBL 101 it could be wired either way depending when it came out of the factory.

Does your problem only occur when switched manually to 12v or is it the same on auto?

I can't see it being your wiring as with the Schaudt regulator just plugs in, unless you have used the wrong loom, they do supply rather a lot of them with the regulator.

Thanks for the advice.

THe van is an October 2007 model, so it could have the same wiring as a 2008 model. I have just been and checked and as far as I know the correct wiring loom has been used, all the fuses are ok. Before I start the engine everything is fine, the fridge works on 12 volt drawing about 14 amps, and when I switch it to auto it then reverts back to gas operation.When I start the engine it then will not work on either 12 volt or auto. Help :-(

Archived