riding shotgun

wallace m

Keithl - 2012-07-07 9:56 PM

Hi Martin,

Yes, it's 12 years old or 135 cm tall. Although you should be able to carry younger children in approved car seats the same as for a car.

Have a look at Direct.Gov for more info.

Keith.

Edit. But be very careful if you have airbags fitted.

Hi Kiethl

The age and size limits are to do with the use a child seat, technically there is no legal restriction on children's age when using the front passenger seat, weather it's wise is another matter, they must use a suitable child seat if under 12 years old or under 135cm tall as stated before, you are advised to deactivate the passenger airbag if you child is in a rear facing child seat.

Steve

Guest pelmetman
I might be wrong but I don't think they're allowed to carry a shotgun at any age in the passenger seat ;-)

Well I'm nowhere near eighty yet but I do tend to fall asleep and yes, I do dribble.  I've suggested that my OH keeps a scarf handy in order to tie up my bottom jaw but he reckons he can't do it one handed!  Not incontinent yet but there's time, I hope!

pelmetman - 2012-07-08 9:00 PM

I might be wrong but I don't think they're allowed to carry a shotgun at any age in the passenger seat ;-)

Your correct, but I believe that its ok to have a rear gunner when travelling through less friendly area's :-D

Archived