ADAC breakdown

Hi, The ADAC breakdown cover is getting quite popular with UK motorhomers.

The cost for the PLUS membership is 79.80€ this will cover you for any vehicle in any European country and any country which borders the Mediterranean as well for any moterhome up to a 7.5 ton limit.

Telephone 0049 221 2121 and ask for a person who speaks English.

Colin

Hi,
How good are they, if you do encounter a breakdown,,,,feed back would be good from those unfortunate  motorhomers that this may have happened to and what is their cover like after the event.
Regards,
Brendan 

Excellent in a word.

Noise from front wheel in Cahors, France.

Phoned ADAC in Germany, spoke to excellent operator in English who transferred my call to the ADAC France Operations Centre.

Very professional conversation with operator who linked my position through my mobile phone, decided to send a flatbed 'just in case' recovery was needed, and in 40 minutes from initial call, a flatbed and a mechanic arrived.

Quick test drive to hear noise, van driveable so followed mechanic back to his garage 10kms away.

Both front wheels removed, cleaned out front brake calipers where small grit stones had lodged, checked all ball joints, rear wheels and cleaned rear brake calipers.

Cost? £2.65 on the mobile phone to phone ADAC.

Superb service. First, and hopefully, the last time I use ADAC but very reassured at the level of professional competence. 98 euros a year covers me, my wife, every vehicle in our household including the scooter, and any vehicles we are in as passengers throughout Europe.

I have told this story before, but all good stories improve with the telling.

We broke down in Spain in 2011 the injector pump failed on our Ford.

I phoned the ADAC who spoke in English, they then got their Spanish person to phone me, she spoke English, German and Spanish. She sorted out recovery to a Bosch Service Centre and since it was late asked if we wanted a hotel for the night. We opted to stay with the M/H on the parking area of the Bosch place.

In the morning the boss came and saw us, he spoke no English but the ADAC had explained everything, after the obligatory computer diagnosis I was put on the phone to the ADAC who explained that the injector pump, injectors and other pipework and fuel manifold needed to be replaced. Since there were no spares in Spain the ADAC flew them from Germany.

We were in a nice hotel for 7 nights, we had daily updates on progress (or the lack of it due to spares).

We taxied to and fro from the Bosch Centre to pick up essentials etc.

The hotel was paid for for me and my wife, likewise taxis, recovery and all translation requirements.

The only cost we incurred was the cost of meals.

The ADAC were excellent, in fact I have just included my wife on the "Partner Plus" scheme.

They offered to fly us home and recover the M/H to our home or garage.

They were happy to sort out any problems should the repair not be "up to scratch" (it was).

They will fly me home if I can't drive due to illness or accident etc., and recover the vehicle.

They have a fleet of transporters and recovery trucks and even their own air ambulance complete with medical staff.

This was not the first time I have broken down, I have owned some old campers in my time. It was the first time I was unable to fix it myself, previously I have changed wheel bearings, fan belts, sorted punctures, starter motors, water pump, radiator and so on.

I am happy to pay 98 Euros for such excellent cover, all over Europe, covered for any vehicle me and my wife, and any pasenger in my vehicle.

H

Guest pelmetman
I've joined :D................but I do have one criticism 8-)..................I can't read their magazine................................................ it's all in German *-)

nomad - 2012-07-26 7:47 PM

The cost for the PLUS membership is 79.80€ this will cover you for any vehicle in any European country and any country which borders the Mediterranean as well for any moterhome up to a 7.5 ton limit.

Colin

We have tried to phone this number but got number unobtainable. We are keen to pursue this since we are currently with Caravanguard and are not happy with them

Margaret and David

Guest pelmetman
Mardee - 2012-08-01 2:19 PM

nomad - 2012-07-26 7:47 PM

Colin

We have tried to phone this number but got number unobtainable. We are keen to pursue this since we are currently with Caravanguard and are not happy with them

Margaret and David

According to the back of my membership card.........ADAC info-service 0180 510 11 12 don't know if you need to add 0049 in front :-S

Hi,
OK,,,sounds good,,,the way it should be ,,,,but what is their loading after you have had a breakdown, for example you have to have your Motorhome  transported home and yourself and family by plane,,,,,
Regards,
Brendan

It's a membership not an insurance so no loading. My renewal is the same each year, paid by credit/debit card.

I am afraid the magazine is only in German, if there is something a really want to read I make my son read it to me, he speaks German.

H

• 3 months later...

Archived