The Motorhome, Caravan & Camping Show will not return to ExCeL in 2013

Andrew MMM

Sorry but this is OLD news!

I heard several weeks ago that the NCC where moving the venue for the February 2013 show from Excel in London to the NEC in Birmingham. I can't remember where I read it now but if I find a link I'll post it.

So after killing off the very successful Boat & Caravan show after 49 years they now move back into it's vacated spot! Shame on you NCC is all I can say.

But on a positive note all the reasons the organisers have given for moving out of London are exactly the same as those posted on here at the time.

Keith.

Edit.

2nd news item down this page Link from July 14th.

I'm rather inclined to think that there simply won't be a February show. It's not really needed when we have one in October and only adds cost to the industry that it can I'll afford at this time. It's a shame for us who like us live in the South East but that's life. I would rather see just one really good show where everything and every body is on show than two less well supported events. After all the whole idea of attending such a show is to be able to see everything under one roof as it were. October makes more sense as if one orders a new motorhome there one should have it in time for the following season. We only go when we need to as we are normally still away on holiday enjoying the last of the fine warm weather in October.

Wonder how many visitors they will lose as they can never know those that would attend the 'closed' exhibitions and not the NEC, I for one have never attended any exhibition at the NEC and never will! We used to go every year to Earls Court and have been to those at ExCel, but won't go to any other exhibitions.

Bas

Archived