Ctek MXS 3.6 Charger..advice anyone?...

pepe63xnotuse

Not a MH subject I know but I figured this section may get more traffic... ;-)

Right then,I've just bought myself a Cteck MXS 3.6 charger and I wondered if anyone else has one(or similar)and could just answer a query I have...

When trying it out on my motorbike battery(which is admittedly flat as **** :$ ),not only do I get the flashing amber "desulphation"(?) indicator but I also get the green "Ready To Use" lit..?!?....however the "User manual" mentions nothing of multiple lamps being lit... :-S

I'm *assuming* that the bike battery has had it. :-S

I'll give it a try on the car battery when the Oh gets back in(I'm not pulling carpets up or crawling under the bed box to try it on the MH batteries..).

Although I would have still thought that if this was indeed a "Ya battery's duff,mate" mode, then it still should've said so in the "manual"....

Anyone on here,experienced this with their Ctek charger?

Thanks

Damn..missed the 30min edit cut off..

Although I had already looked prior to my original posting,having looked a bit harder( *-) ),.I've found a Ctek site,with a FAQs section(in which this situation is explained).

Thanks anyway...

MODs...feel free to delete/move this.... ;-)

Oh yeah...sorry. :$

Apparently,if both the lights are on,it can be either a poor connection on the terminals or the plates are badly sulphated and the charger is trying to "pulse" it back to life..

(..the FAQs page said to try it for 24hrs and if it didn't progress to the next stage(stop flashing?),then the battery is duff....

In my case,it didn't..so it is... *-)

I still would've thought that all of the "functions" should be explained in the manual though...

Archived