tuning in an avtex 185 drs to satellite

al1

Hi eveyone, Does anyone have experience of tuning in one of the new Avtex tvs with built in Easyfind, I just bought an Avtex tv and an Easyfind lnb but I'm not getting any flashing light at the lnb, I followed the instructions to the letter and now if I had any hair I'd be a tugging.

Just got back from the lockup where my van is......Set everything up exactly the same as yesterday, sat dish pointing roughly south, avtex set up instructions followed to the letter.........still no flashing lighton the Easyfind lnb. For those of you who don't know, the Easyfind lnbflashes red, amber and then solid green as you move the dish to find the signal or at least that's what I had been led to believe. Anyway I changed the satellite I was searching for from astra 28 to Astra 19 ( bit vague because I don't have the details with me) on the Avtex scren and suddenly a message came up saying "Check dish alignment" and lo and behold I had a flashing light on the lnb, took me about 1 minute to move the sat dish around until I got a solid green light, then searched for channels which worked, returned to astra 28 and that worked too.

Happy now and opening a bottle. :-D

Archived