Re 'Oil too high' Electronic Warning

Franco

Hi, Folks.

Just got camper serviced, but on return, message on electronic dash was 'Oil High'.

I returned to the garage and they took some oil out, but the message still appeared. I took the camper for a short run, but message still persisted. Garage then took out oil sensor and cleaned it, saying this would clear the alert. Alas it did not. Oil is definitely now well within the min/max mark. Any views? I feel that when I have the dipstick reading in order there is no real problem.

Also message '0 days' ( and a spanner emblem) to next service appears post 'oil high' alert.

After initial alert on start-up the system/alerts clears.

I have agrred to drive camper pro temp to see if the matter will rectify.

Any views??

Regards

Franco. (^)

I cannot determine what make your MH is which may help identify a common problem. As you have deduced, through the dip stick, that the oil level is ok, then no to much to worry about. I have a Fiat and got an intermittent problem with the temp gauge, which has disappeared and your problem may be the same

Hi Frank ,

You could try this,

Switch Ign on (do not start engine)

Set Odometer to read total miles.

Press Odometer Button (OB) until,,, CFG1 appears in display

Release the OB.

Pressing the OB briefly will change between CFG1, CFG2,CFG3, CFG1

Once you have selected the CFG .

Press the OB again for 5 secs to store the new service frequency.

Turn off the ignition.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Brendan

onecal - 2012-09-06 11:04 PMHi Frank ,

You could try this,

Release the OB.

Turn off the ignition.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Brendan

with all due respect!!!why should a normal numpty like us know this!!!or am i missing somatttttttt :-D

silverback - 2012-09-07 12:17 AM

You could try this,

Release the OB.

Turn off the ignition.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Brendan

with all due respect!!!why should a normal numpty like us know this!!!or am i missing somatttttttt :-D
Well this numpty tried this and it did not work. I really must be "missing somatttttttt" and have gone to the bottom of the class

Brendan's advice is repeated here

http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic-10523.html

However, a less complex procedure is described here

http://peugeotdiesel.com/Reset_Service_Light.html

My 1995 VW Golf had a service-indicator feature that could be reset using a somewhat similar technique to Brendan's description. Conversely, when the 'spanner symbol' appears with my Transit, a completely different technique is involved to turn the warning symbol off. However, in both the Golf's and Transit's case, the resetting method was described in the vehicle's handbook.

There are vehicles where resetting instrument-panel warning symbols/messages involves special equipment and this fact should be made apparent in the vehicle's handbook. When the vehicle manufacturer has decided that it's permissible for an owner to perform the resetting procedure, my experience has been that the resetting method will be described in the handbook.

sshortcircuit - 2012-09-07 7:48 AM
silverback - 2012-09-07 12:17 AM

You could try this,

Release the OB.

Turn off the ignition.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Brendan

Well this numpty tried this and it did not work. I really must be "missing somatttttttt" and have gone to the bottom of the class
A normal numpty would know this if he read the owners manual that comes with the vehicle. It is printed in Fiat handbooks, so should be present in a Peugeot one.The oil level warning does not happen on Fiat's because they don't have the sensor as standard, but Peugeouts do. Just because the garage 'cleaned' the sensor it does not mean it is functioning correctly. Get a new one fitted.Nick

Hi Folks.

I followed Brendan's instructions and got CGT3 up. I held this for about 5 further secs and the system zeroed itself. Also the 'Oil High' alert is gone. All in order now. Thanks for input- Derek manual extracts- very useful.

Regards

Frank

Thanks Eric. This sub-normal numpty went and tried again. Slight difference in the Fiat handbook to the above was the initial press was 10sec but otherwise the same and this time it appears to have worked. I had tried this months ago and failed, so why it did not work yesterday and now worked today is beyond me.

Archived