Anyone know these sites?

Mike B.

We are going to Spain/Portugal for the winter and working our way back up the Spanish East coast. Have been offered very attractive special 'pensioner' rates on these sites and can't quite decide which one I prefer-don't want to book one and find the other is far superior when I get there! Has anyone been to these?

I think I am leaning to Tropicana Playa as the pitches look more open but would welcome anybody's opinion.

Thanks

Mike

http://www.campingplayatropicana.com/en/index.php

http://www.torrelasal2.com/inicio.asp?idlengua=3

PJay - 2012-09-17 2:30 PM

Don't know these sites, but one thing to be aware of , if you get past Taragona, is the railway line,runs along the coast, and can be very noisy, shame really, as we found a lovely site this year, but TRAINS ran alnight

North or South of Taragona?

Tropicana,in Alcossebre is a smashing site,stayed several times,only problem we had is,if you are not on a caravan&camping club rally,all the best pitches are reserved by them,and often empty most of the time!

The other foreign campers get very annoyed at this and most leave,dont blame them as a pitch in total shade or small or very scruffy is not what they want

Mike B. - 2012-09-17 2:50 PM

PJay - 2012-09-17 2:30 PM

Don't know these sites, but one thing to be aware of , if you get past Taragona, is the railway line,runs along the coast, and can be very noisy, shame really, as we found a lovely site this year, but TRAINS ran alnight

North or South of Taragona?

Sorry i meant north of Tarragona . I assumed you were coming home from the south.. But the railway does show on the maps, pity it runs along the coast, but I guess the terrain was to steep when the railways were built

Hi,
Have to agree if you are passing through on the way back up then Camping Playa Tropicana is a good site and good rates at the moment, Not very full at the moment (last week) but as mentioned a lot of good pitches taken up by "locals" who may only be using during weekends. Friendly and helpful, chat to them as you may get a good deal depending on how long you are staying.
Regards,
Brendan

Meadows Engine - 2012-09-17 9:32 PM

Hi We used Tropicana to over winter Feb to April ,we joined the rally which was very good run by a guy called Nelson The social side was good.

If you are staying for a while why not take advantage of the rally?

All in all we would recommend it.

John

We're not in the C&CC club so can't but the deal I got offered direct was €11 pn whereas with the rally it was around £17 pn so big difference. Thanks all for the info

Mike

Archived