A few new panel vans

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

http://tinyurl.com/9hxkxbc

latest 636 Possl/Globecar with French bed (£32,000)

latest Karmann with drop down bed and rear bathroom.

an odd Westphalia with white interior

Hymer Car 372

Edit: have removed individual links as they all bring you to front page so just go to "test" page and select campers of interest.......Just use google auto translator

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest JudgeMental
Your welcome, but was obviously only really intended for aficionados of panel vans...The clue was in thread title :D But seeing as my individual links did not work, there are lots of nice CB's in test area also....

Guest JudgeMental
onecal - 2012-09-19 1:28 PM

Hi Ed,

The Merc looks  good,,,,,Ah no some nice vans, Thanks for that,
Regards,
Brendan

Yes the Merc an odd one, no gas just diesel. We had a new boiler put in at Christmas and chap was saying that gas boilers are all to be replaced by electric boilers in the future as gas will be no longer allowed for domestic use........cant remember the date. Wonder will this have a knock on effect for leisure use

Guest JudgeMental

Here is the new Possl/Globecar 636, I finally managed to resize picture. Rear French bed a decent size (unusually) at 1500 mm wide, and tips up to take bikes/large loads...I like this one.Usual cleaver shower arrangement in hall. Outside finish much nicer then earlier vans.

203507482_Premiere-Caravan-Salon-Poessl-19-fotoshowImageNew-29461c3c-95716-Copy.jpg.c6e037046fbe37e0d2524237972ab685.jpg

455623499_posslinterior.jpg.2841be3ed32f8acc4261056887e97b36.jpg

JudgeMental - 2012-09-19 2:49 PM

Here is the new Possl/Globecar 636, I finally managed to resize picture. Rear French bed a decent size (unusually) at 1500 mm wide, and tips up to take bikes/large loads...I like this one.Usual cleaver shower arrangement in hall. Outside finish much nicer then earlier vans.

Dont like that at all :-S that bathroom screen will rattle like H-ll.

Guest JudgeMental
I dont think they do...We have a few Globecar van owners with identical shower arrangement. Will as Colin as that would drive me nuts. :-D

Guest JudgeMental
rupert123 - 2012-09-19 6:17 PM

Thanks for the link Eddie, usefull. Do not like that Gobecar though, that shower is very strange, where is the toilet/washbasin?

if you look at all the pics on link there is a plan showing layout, they are behind sliding door on right, it works well as you get a big bathroom for a panel van. saying that a bit fiddly and I manage to shower in our smaller bathroom but Mrs M would really like this van I think....

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks for the link Eddie, usefull. Do not like that Gobecar though, that shower is very strange, where is the toilet/washbasin?

if you look at all the pics on link there is a plan showing layout, they are behind sliding door on right, it works well as you get a big bathroom for a panel van. Saying that I (17 stone, lost 1!) manage to shower in our smaller bathroom but Mrs M would really like this van I think....dislikes climbing over me although I enjoy it very much...

bed flips in half to accommodate bikes etc... Now if it will still sleep one on route, that would be ideal as one coud sleep at front and when you get to where your going just lock bikes up outside.

The shower/toilet is same as ours, I seem to recall you saying that you normaly use onsite showers, we are same for 75% of time, for this type of use this arangement is possibly the best you will find, as in normal use shower is the 'corridor', toilet and basin take up minimal space, so you get one of the biggest bathrooms in a PVC which takes up the smallest space. The downside is the fridge cannot be accessed when shower is in use, but how long do people take having a shower in the van? Gf is very impressed with it, I can be sat at dinnette having breakfast with SLD wide open whilst she has sliden one 'door' around and has entire rear of van as a wash/changing room. And no it doesn't rattle.

I note the 'change' from ours seems to be to give more storage in bed area, we already have much more storage than we normaly need. Also the fridge has been mounted on floor, one of the things we like on our van is the high fridge position. It does look like it has more worktop than ours which many will proboly like.

JudgeMental - 2012-09-19 7:01 PM

but Mrs M would really like this van I think....dislikes climbing over me although I enjoy it very much...

I think it will still be a 'climb over' job, bed appears same height as ours, so that means steps and if I'm not mistaken they are just out of sight behind the worktop which is behind sink.

Guest JudgeMental
they have kept fridge at low level and not added tall unit to give more kitchen worktop and create a more open aspect..I like it. And as you say bed offers massive storage. price about £12000 less then the La Strada I like. if bed usable with bikes on board it may well suit us.....

Guest JudgeMental
robertandjean - 2012-09-21 8:29 AM

Yes, some of these PVC's are good to look at, but before anyone decides to downsize to one suggest a read of the excellent account of living in one by Rupert123 in thread "Life in a Panel Van". This is a very honest description not the rose tinted approach often encountered.

Cart before horse springs to mind.....H has only spent a few weekends away so far!lol

Many on here spend far longer periods and love the flexibility, lack of stress and ease of travel they offer.

Panel vans really come into their own touring. For those who can only stretch the umbilical cord as far as France and want all the hassle and problems associated with motorhomes......be my guest

What makes me laugh is why are you so bothered........

robertandjean - 2012-09-21 8:29 AM

Yes, some of these PVC's are good to look at, but before anyone decides to downsize to one suggest a read of the excellent account of living in one by Rupert123 in thread "Life in a Panel Van". This is a very honest description not the rose tinted approach often encountered.

I would suggest that anyone buying any MH from the smallest PVC(or CB) to the largest RV should remove their rose tinted glass's, each have their own good and bad points, as I posted on Henry's thread, a friend of mine changed from a caravan to a tag axle MH only to find it didn't suit him at all and he returned to tugging after losing a fair bit of money. This is why I always say 'hire before you buy' if at all possible when making 'major' changes, especialy if buying from new when the largest losses can be encured. We where looking at upsizing from a T25 to a Twin style van, we hired a WildAx and found it was totaly useless to us due to gf's claustrophobia (not apparent in the T25) and there where a few other issues that needed addressing, which is how we ended up with our present van which is very similier to above, and before you ask, yes we have hired larger vans, right up to RV size in US

Guest JudgeMental

Some really good pictures of new 636 FR vans from Possl/Globecar. I want one, because it has a king size bed for a start which is unusual for a French bed layout, as most are only 1200 wide due to cramming a bathroom next to it, but with this layout bed is 1500 wide. It has a nice open feel to van and TV can be swung to watch in bed or in lounge. plus masses of storage

what swings it for me is bikes can be carried inside as I dont like leaving expensive E bikes on rack which also extends length of vehicle...German dealer said he can adapt bed so when carrying bikes, one rear bed will be usable. that way we can sleep on 2 single beds front and rear on route, and secure bikes outside when we arrive....

http://www.womoverkauf.ch/verkauf-campingbusse/globecar-fr-636/index.php

just seen that it is on the 3500kg MAXI chassis...does that mean stronger axles?

I also notice that an extra lead on rear suspension now a Fiat oprion

JudgeMental - 2012-09-29 9:35 AM

just seen that it is on the 3500kg MAXI chassis...does that mean stronger axles?

I also notice that an extra lead on rear suspension now a Fiat oprion

I seem to recall Nick(euroserve)going in to a bit of depth on which/how many leaves(leafs?) the springs on different Fiat models had...

...I think it may'be been one of the, "MOT failure/Bumpstops" type threads... :-S

Although,no idea how "current" that info' would be now though....

Archived