An answer to a problem

Mickydripin

Mike,

I would tell your dealer that they will have to order the part(s) through an official dealer and then carry out the repairs to your MH themselves.

They will then probably need to make the warranty claim back through the official dealer to reclaim their costs.

It should be THEIR responsibility to order the parts and fix your MH, NOT YOURS!

Keith.

It is very unfortunate and worrying a situation like this can arise.

What would worry me is that if the dealer is unwilling to help in the first place, forced into accepting liability in second place and finally what standard of finished job would I end up with even if he could get approved parts , because of the prevailing attitudes ?

Rgds

It is very unfortunate and worrying a situation like this can arise.

What would worry me is that if the dealer is unwilling to help in the first place, forced into accepting liability in second place and finally what standard of finished job would I end up with even if he could get approved parts , because of the prevailing attitudes ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is exacly why I did not want to go back to Lazydays I do not think our health could take another court case or trading standards any more.

Thanks to you all for your help and information but lady luck seems to have befrended us for once.

I rang Geoff Cox today and was told that Andrew Davies from Autotrail had spoken to them and they agreed to do the warranty work for me so result and a big thank you from Karen at Geoff Cox at last I may have found a dealer that will help people in my position.

I will let you know how I get on.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

I rang Geoff Cox today and was told that Andrew Davies from Autotrail had spoken to them and they agreed to do the warranty work for me so result and a big thank you from Karen at Geoff Cox at last I may have found a dealer that will help people in my position.

I will let you know how I get on.

Sorry for taking a while to get back as I have had other issues to sort out.

I went to geoff Cox and what a differance they were great I was met with a smile and a handshake and a welcome cup of coffee they had all the problems wrote down and then informed me about the area so that I was not sitting around twiddling my thums waiting.

They told me when the motorhome would be ready and I went off and had a great day in Derby.

When I got back the van was waiting for me and another cup of coffee if I wanted it.

I have to go back as they have had to order some new parts from CI.

What a differance I wish that I had gone to them in the first place they were on my list but I decided on Lazydays what a massive mistake.

A big thank you to Geoff Cox and there employee`s I came away with a smile on MY face for a change knowing that I had found one dealer that is prepaired to help. "5 star"

Mike.

Hi MD,

Hope you get everything sorted, Just to add a couple of facts about a couple of the dealers mentioned in some of the other posts.

I read this week that the entire CI range as been dropped by the manufactuer ?

The last time I visted Lazy Days at Market Drayton, there yard was full of Caravans and rentable storeage containers, NO motorhomes.

Salop Leisure at Shrewsbury used to deal in CI motorhomes, but not for the last 3 years?. They stock a lot of second hand vans of all makes and the occassional NEW Swift.

cheers EM.

PS, My own personal recomendation for a Dealership would be Highbridge Caravans and Motorhomes.

Archived