Complyiny with Low Emmision Zone requirements

penny

I have a Autocruise Wentworth 2001 vintage on Boxer chassis, which does not comply with LEZ regs for London. What do I need to do to satisfy the regs, who can do it, any idea of cost?

Really miss not being able to take van into London for short stays. Any advice much appriciated.

You can check it all out on this link.... http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/17701.aspx

You will have to have a filter fitted by an approved fitter.

Although I have'nt looked recently, from memory it would cost me about £2500 for my 2005 2.8jtd Ducato. 8-)

That's a helluvalot of Eurotunnel trips! ..... *-)

Homepage for the site, which gives all the info is .... http://www.tfl.gov.uk/roadusers/lez/default.aspx

penny - 2012-10-17 5:41 PM

I have a Autocruise Wentworth 2001 vintage on Boxer chassis, which does not comply with LEZ regs for London. What do I need to do to satisfy the regs, who can do it, any idea of cost?

Really miss not being able to take van into London for short stays. Any advice much appriciated.

Swap it for a petrol engined variant, they are all exempt for some unexplainable reason!

I would give London up as 'not welcoming', (and I was born there !). What with a Congestion charge and now an Emission charge, it simply isn't worth the aggravation. I now own a Euro 5 engined van, but on principle will not drive through or into area's controlled in this way. I think we all pay enough,and have done over the years, in tax , Road Fund Licence, tax on Fuel etc., to be able to freely drive over ALL of our public road system (which is in a terrible state,considering how 'well funded' it should be !!!!).

I now consider my capital city as 'out of bounds' for any reason. And have moved as far away from it as possible (whilst staying in the UK). Ray

With average Motorhomes only travelling 6000 miles a year, they are hardly major polluters, as opposed to aircraft which dump their pollution directly over major cities.especially London.

Hypocrisy

Rayjsj - 2012-10-18 11:04 AM

I would give London up as 'not welcoming', (and I was born there !). What with a Congestion charge and now an Emission charge, it simply isn't worth the aggravation. I now own a Euro 5 engined van, but on principle will not drive through or into area's controlled in this way. I think we all pay enough,and have done over the years, in tax , Road Fund Licence, tax on Fuel etc., to be able to freely drive over ALL of our public road system (which is in a terrible state,considering how 'well funded' it should be !!!!).

I now consider my capital city as 'out of bounds' for any reason. And have moved as far away from it as possible (whilst staying in the UK). Ray

With average Motorhomes only travelling 6000 miles a year, they are hardly major polluters, as opposed to aircraft which dump their pollution directly over major cities.especially London.

Hypocrisy

And that sums it up for me also. Well said. Oh..!! don't forget all the friendly parking tickets they give to you, you are one of their customers.

Dave

Archived