Ventura S7000 GPS And Reversing Camera Addition

Frank McAuley

I've got one and I don't know. Why not either ring roadpro or get on snooper website and have a look or just phone or e.mail snooper. Then you will know more than I do. :D

To be honest, I think I'd keep the functions separate. Monitor to see what is behind, and sat-nav to navigate. A decent camera/monitor is likely to outlast the sat nav, and will almost certainly outlive current sat-nav technology. If one faults, you seem liable to lose both. Sat-navs are now relatively cheap, and on the whole very reliable. Personal view, but I'm not convinced Snooper is worth the added cost. There is no mapping of road widths, only of legal width/height/weight restrictions. Can be useful if your van is over 3,500kg MAM, or over 3.0 metres high. The "truck" type sat-navs tend to prioritise main roads, and only use minor roads for the shortest possible distances. They can, therefore, add quite a few miles to your routes. Horses for courses, of course, and if you are happy with what you have, that is what is important.

Tyou Brian for your helpful reply.I purchased the Snooper with great expectations after using Garmin for many years. I thought my trips into forbidden areas like Tank Firing Ranges were over but sadly not; the Snooper has got us into difficult situations too- we're absolute map and GPS now + "no likee no go"!

I agree with you it is not worth the extra cost but I have it and I now have a trailer hence I would like to have the occasional look to see if it's still there. As the mhome (A T Delaware) camera doesn't afford this facility I "jumped" at the idea when i saw it on the Snooper site and it also obviated the addition of another screen!

I totally accept your logic and the absence of any evidence to the contrary BUT I'm open to any ( not overly expensive) alternative system - I don't think the AT system allows far alteration?

Regards.

I agree with Brian on this as to keeping the two seperate.

I have a Waico camera fitted by Vanbitz which I feel is the best accessory I've ever bought. I completely replaced the interior mirror (Which I could see nothing through except the wardrobe door!) with the screen and use it continuously as a rear view. It gives me enough scope to see the trailer and what's coming up behind etc.

As for sat nav-have a Garmin Nuvi which has it's limitations but as I've got free upgrades for life, I feel it's worth losing a couple of facilities.

Doesn't answer your question of course but just another option

Mike

Frank McAuley - 2012-10-30 11:43 AM

- I don't think the AT system allows far alteration?

Frank,

Have you seen the 'Members Tips' page of the ATOC website Link where a member has re-rwired his camera to stay on? It is about a third of the way down the page.

Keith.

Archived