fiat ducato 2.8 2005 vintage immobiliser fault

snail

There is a petrol station in Oldbury in the west midlands and nearly everyday this happened with certain makes of car ( Can't remember the makes) on the pumps nearest the petrol price sign as this housed a booster for the emergency services radios.

The staff used to come out and push the cars around the corner where they would start.

Pete

This 2011 aricle mentioned the ‘can’t start car at service-station’ phenomenon

https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/9346846.mysterious-interference-locks-drivers-out-of-cars-at-tesco-petrol-filling-station/

When vehicles began to get on-board computer systems that were not well shielded against external interference, very odd occurrences were reported. I recall it being said that, when travelling near to USA military bases that had high-powered radio transmitters, the windscrren wipers of BMW cars would spontaneously switch on. ;-)

Derek Uzzell - 2020-08-27 12:11 PM

I recall it being said that, when travelling near to USA military bases that had high-powered radio transmitters, the windscrren wipers of BMW cars would spontaneously switch on. ;-)

It's a shame it didn't work on their indicators then?

Our 2003 one did the same, in the top dash pocket there were a row of fuses, one of these supplied the power for the immobiliser to work not stopping it working. I found if I took this out waited a couple mins put it back all well. From memory I think it was a 5 amp one?

Archived