Good service from dealer

Coachman

There has been many comments from Forum users about bad service. I would like to say about my experiance with present dealer who I bought camper off last May. To start with when we got camper severe damp was found at rear underside and I know some of you you say thats no more than what they should do however how many of us go undercampers to see whether water ingress got in. In our case it was completly stripped down at rear and repaird without fuss.The lesuire battery whilst showing charged my meter said otherwise. Again put new one in without comment. Grey water tank leak , again sent away for repair no problem.Found seat cushion got mould on it , "bring it in and we will see to it",not next week sometime but that day of phoning. Today electric step would not retract, phoned and they told me what to do but I could not reassemble the fitting so phoned and again bring it in now. They worked on assembling that switcth but had same problem as I so put new switch in. The person responsibal for this Is Ian the service manager of Caravan Tech Hurst Green 01580860260.

Could not ask for more.

OK they have sorted the problems BUT they should never have sold the van in that condition. What if had been sold to someone not so clued up as you and did not notice the damp until it got far worse after owning it for a couple years & then been faced with an very expensive repair or an unsaleable van.

I can accept the other faults as things do go wrong but there is no excuse for a dealer selling a van with severe damp.

How magnamimous, sell a duff van and then offer to fix it when found out. I'm impressed. *-)

Thanks for telling us who'm to avoid though.

If respondants to Pastiche's original posting wade through his earlier messages about his 2003 Mobilvetta motorhome

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/search/query.asp?action=search&searchforumid=all&keywords=mobilvetta&author=pastiche&days=&Submit=Search

they may conclude that Caravan Tech have treated him quite well.

My understanding regarding the damp issue was that the problem-area was masked by the vehicle's waste-water tank, and it was only after that tank had been removed for repair that the damage was discovered. On further inspection it was realised how extensive the damage was and repairs eventually took several weeks to complete.

It's not always possible for a dealership to identify major faults in a motorhome - even in a brand-new vehicle. As I've said before, my bought-new Hobby had a serious fault with its heating system that didn't show up until I began to use it, but I don't blame the (German) dealership, or the Hobby factory, for failing to notice it as the fault was not visually evident.

In Pastiche's case, I think (based on his earlier comments) that the after-sales service he has received from Caravan Tech may not have been exemplary, but it's nevertheless been pretty good.

Archived