Pitch with a seaview

stantheman

Hi,

I posted this on the 'site' forum but don't think anyone ever visits it. Didn't get any replies.

"Does anyone know of any private sites in either Norfolk or Dorset (I know they're a long way apart!) that one can book a pitch to have a sea view from the 'van. Forget the Clubs, you can't book a specified pitch with them."

thanks

If you can tolerate one of the major parks then Weymouth/Pool has some, try Littlesea, Rockley Park etc. Not everyone's cup of tea, but same price as some of the surrounding CC an C&CC sites but you get pool and loads of activities for the kids.

We stayed at Littlesea in September and it was lovely and quite, our pitch looked out towards Chesil.

Guest JudgeMental
PCC - 2013-01-29 10:52 AM

Haven't been there for ages, but you could try calling Tom's Field near Swanage.

Have stayed at Toms field, no sea view that I can remember...... unless coast has suffered catastrophic erosion:-D

Great walks along cliffs a lovely spot ..Swanage a nice little town have been many times

You may have just saved my bacon!!!!

Told grandaughter, niece and nephew to get packed up cos were going away..... Went to book a night away at a local site with lots of facilities and oh dear, fully booked.

I've been frantically searching for a site that ticks the boxes (indoor pool, onsite or very local food) only to find one or two with poor reviews or closed until mid Feb or March.

From a quick look Ulwell Cottage looks it might be the ticket, I'll call them tomorrow morning and see if they have space for one night.

Can't believe Sandy Balls only have a small number of pitches open, this is a recession yet they seem happy to turn down business when the have space... Oh well....

Update: despite wording on the home page of "winter breaks" looking in detail that is March to April, so another site that doesn't appear to be open :-(

Not private but as good as, is the C&CC site at Trewethett Farm Cornwall. Most pitches overlook the sea and if you go out of season you have the pick of about 10 front facing ones, what could be better than that, if you want to be totally private and isolated we can't help you, people are people private or not.

MT

Archived